Home

PA plays are a sack magnet

This is a discussion on PA plays are a sack magnet within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-31-2023, 02:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
PA plays are a sack magnet

It does not matter what play action pass play you pick, 80% of the time you are getting sacked.
In superstar mode, I am the RB, and it has me blocking on the backside of the roll out after PA to me, but I am always having to run like crazy to the sprint side and then it is a 50/50 chance to stop the QB from getting sacked.

Forget running PA inside the 10 yard line, it will cause your QB to dig himself out of the ground.

A PA is suppose to hold the linebackers in place where you can have an open receiver, here you do not have a chance to even look, you are running for your life after a half a second.
How do you guys stop from being sack on play action plays?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2023, 02:42 PM   #2
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: PA plays are a sack magnet

I throw a ton of PA in my offense. Generally I set my protection, ID the Mike and if it’s a look on defense I don’t like I’ll audible out if it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-31-2023, 03:37 PM   #3
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

There are way too many PA calls in the playbooks.

Can't call playaction on 2nd-and-10 and expect the action to hold the LB, while holding the ball long enough for 3 deep routes to develop. Yes, your QB should eat turf.

My PA plays are boots on short(er) yardage, and I slide my protections, as the previous commenter said. Sometimes I'll still run into unaccounted for blindside LBers. Theres a certain charm to it............
Old 10-31-2023, 05:49 PM   #4
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywaters59
It does not matter what play action pass play you pick, 80% of the time you are getting sacked.
In superstar mode, I am the RB, and it has me blocking on the backside of the roll out after PA to me, but I am always having to run like crazy to the sprint side and then it is a 50/50 chance to stop the QB from getting sacked.

Forget running PA inside the 10 yard line, it will cause your QB to dig himself out of the ground.

A PA is suppose to hold the linebackers in place where you can have an open receiver, here you do not have a chance to even look, you are running for your life after a half a second.
How do you guys stop from being sack on play action plays?
Protections have already been mentioned but for SS mode their are no sliders or adjustments similar to Franchise mode. I'm a WR and it's just all wonky. QB throws before u even get to the DB playing off for easy picks etc. U just have to avoid those plays since u cannot control the QB or it will result in catastrophe 9 times outta 10. Either try protection for better chances or avoid it all together. Most here will post user fixes that help but not for SS or non user situations.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON
Old 10-31-2023, 10:27 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJags904
Protections have already been mentioned but for SS mode their are no sliders or adjustments similar to Franchise mode. I'm a WR and it's just all wonky. QB throws before u even get to the DB playing off for easy picks etc. U just have to avoid those plays since u cannot control the QB or it will result in catastrophe 9 times outta 10. Either try protection for better chances or avoid it all together. Most here will post user fixes that help but not for SS or non user situations.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Yea, for me it is near impossible to make play action a viable option in my playbook. Thank goodness I was drafted by the Cardinals and had Murray as a QB that could run for his life. Then after my contract ran out, I signed with the Bears and Fields is still the QB there. But when I pick a PA play no matter how fast they are they are swamped and sacked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2023, 03:10 AM   #6
Rookie

Richie71's Arena

PA was really strong in '22. You could really base your offence on it. It was terribly weak in 23. It's OK but not great in 24.

At least in 24 screens and draws can be effective, which they haven't for a while.
Old 11-01-2023, 07:38 AM   #7
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Gotta watch your protections, and how the D is lined up.

If they have a single high safety, get out of the PA.

Sent from my SM-F946U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 11-01-2023, 11:20 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 1

I disagree. If you call PA plays at the right time you can light up the defense. I run a lot of play action in my offense. When I do run PA plays it's usually on early downs or short down and distance. Definitely helps if you have established the run and you mix it up. You can get big gainers on play action. The risk is if you do get sacked it's usually for big yards with a higher risk of a fumble. The risk is worth the reward.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »