Home

Difficulty this year

This is a discussion on Difficulty this year within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-05-2023, 11:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Difficulty this year

I'm clearly not good enough for legendary again this year. But like others world class can be too easy at times. But I'm curious if anybody has tried world class with player based difficulty turned on. I just played a kickoff game and got beat 2-1 by Barca with Real Madrid. Felt competitive and like I had my chances but they were dangerous as well, but it's a small sample size. I'm assuming it works where we can use it in career mode on world class as well.

Just wondering about others experiences with it. Hopefully it works out bc I'm getting smoked on legendary in kick off and I already deleted my Newcastle save bc I wasn't losing on regular world class. (Also noticed ultimate isn't even showing up on kickoff or main menu, thought that was weird.)

Also, can anybody explain to me what happened to the old function of holding down the A button? Now it does something else or nothing at all. Wonder why they removed it and if there's a way to bring it back where they automatically pressed. The only other thing I'm curious about is what is up with some of the CPU players have grey arrows above their heads not sure what that means.

Posted this on reddit as well and I usually ask every year. Wanted to say two years (nvm FIFA 20 I was referring to) ago I was up to legendary but it got more difficult last year.

Last edited by TexasRyan; 10-05-2023 at 11:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2023, 03:24 AM   #2
Rookie

hecbel's Arena

Re: Difficulty this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRyan
I'm clearly not good enough for legendary again this year. But like others world class can be too easy at times. But I'm curious if anybody has tried world class with player based difficulty turned on. I just played a kickoff game and got beat 2-1 by Barca with Real Madrid. Felt competitive and like I had my chances but they were dangerous as well, but it's a small sample size. I'm assuming it works where we can use it in career mode on world class as well.

Just wondering about others experiences with it. Hopefully it works out bc I'm getting smoked on legendary in kick off and I already deleted my Newcastle save bc I wasn't losing on regular world class. (Also noticed ultimate isn't even showing up on kickoff or main menu, thought that was weird.)

Also, can anybody explain to me what happened to the old function of holding down the A button? Now it does something else or nothing at all. Wonder why they removed it and if there's a way to bring it back where they automatically pressed. The only other thing I'm curious about is what is up with some of the CPU players have grey arrows above their heads not sure what that means.

Posted this on reddit as well and I usually ask every year. Wanted to say two years (nvm FIFA 20 I was referring to) ago I was up to legendary but it got more difficult last year.
Hi, this is your lucky day because I've answer to all your questions.

1) Player-based difficulty is a feature that only applies to a few players. You might ask, "Which players?" Well, the players with the gray arrow above them are the ones who get to boost. "Player-based difficulty" is an option to boost those few players, usually only two out of the eleven. It doesn't change the whole team's performance, only those gray-arrow players. You can disable the option on the settings menu, as you can see here at the 00:43 mark.

2) This year's game has added a new defensive option where you make a shoulder charge if you press A. If you want to go back to FIFA 23 defense, you should go from "Advanced defending" to "Tactical defending". You can see it at the 00:11 mark in the video above.

3) And last, my advice for you is: play World Class for example, with Real Madrid, until you can win La Liga and the UEFA Champions League on World Class difficulty. Then, play another career with a 4-star-rated team and try to win it all. If you can't win all the matches, then World Class is your perfect difficulty level. Some games might seem easy for you, but after all, you are not a top team. If you can win the Premier League with Newcastle, for example, you might want to play legendary difficulty.

4) Also, ultimate difficulty isn't showing on kickoff mode because it's only available on career mode. Legendary was the top difficulty of the game for ages, but then people complained about how easy it was on career mode, so EA decided to go to a completely unrealistic difficulty, which is Ultimate.

Last edited by hecbel; 10-06-2023 at 03:26 AM.
Old 10-07-2023, 07:00 AM   #3
Rookie

If you adjust some sliders it could become alright and a good middle ground for you. Have a look I to sliders on YouTube people add them all the time. I play on ultimate on career mode with sliders and it’s great fun

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-07-2023, 07:09 AM   #4
Rookie

Also I feel the defending I’d a lot harder this year so if you get dragged out of position it’s hard to recover from that it’s all about finding the defending balance. YouTube tutorials on defending helped me

Old 10-07-2023, 06:06 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanPanthers
If you adjust some sliders it could become alright and a good middle ground for you. Have a look I to sliders on YouTube people add them all the time. I play on ultimate on career mode with sliders and it’s great fun

How does Ultimate play vs Legendary?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2023, 07:36 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee_Simpson
How does Ultimate play vs Legendary?

It’s a bit harder but the sliders make it better and the AI and cpu play better and seem to be more clinical

Old 10-11-2023, 05:50 PM   #7
Rookie

PunkMonk's Arena

This years default WC is the most challenging I’ve ever played. Usually I easily win but it’s tough for me this year. If it’s too easy for you still I would change sliders. CPU +1 accel, HUM +5 or +10 to the error values. Look at Matt10s set in the slider forum. It’s plays REALLY well.
Old 11-14-2023, 05:36 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkMonk
This years default WC is the most challenging I’ve ever played. Usually I easily win but it’s tough for me this year. If it’s too easy for you still I would change sliders. CPU +1 accel, HUM +5 or +10 to the error values. Look at Matt10s set in the slider forum. It’s plays REALLY well.
Definitely. I've just got back into the game, first time since Fifa 17. I decided to play 1 season on pro to familiarise, myself. I won the league with Arsenal (over 100 points), won the community shield 2-0. League Cup 1-0, fa cup 3-2 and Champions League 1-0.

The first game after I won the league I rested my first 11 and beat Wolves 7-0 with a combination of the second string and kids.

I feel if I played a second season on pro I could win 100% of the games, if I really focused on that goal.

Whereas world class is more difficult than it should be and too much of a jump. It'll put a lot of casuals off.

For the second season I increased difficulty to world class. First game was down 2-0 to Liverpool in the community shield, and somehow won 3-2. New signing Son scoring the winner, lol. Then I lost the super cup to Ajax 4-0 in a totally unrealistic game. Ajax had 10 shots on goal in the first half. I could barely get out of my half.

I then tried the FC 24 OS World Class sliders and have had 4 consecutive 0-0 draws (Wolves, Everton, Leeds and the like).

Last edited by Grazz1; 11-14-2023 at 05:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »