Home

I feel like NBA2K24 is an inflection point for shooting and automatic greens

This is a discussion on I feel like NBA2K24 is an inflection point for shooting and automatic greens within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-05-2023, 02:56 PM   #1
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
I feel like NBA2K24 is an inflection point for shooting and automatic greens

Shooting this year just to seems to be all over the place online. This is almost opposed to last year where it was somewhat stable but certain types of shots were almost unusable for alot of people both online and offline.

Once again, the giant elephant in the room is the automatic greens.

I know we've had this discussion before but it's been years and the devs still can't get it completely right. I know about the pure comp 2K League stuff but then you got the modders. And to combat the modders were the release point changes. And that made it unfairly hard for the offline players. Now they're over compensating by making the green window shorter and requiring you to determine the release point of hard to measure, sometimes inaccurate visual cues (for example, I have my release point at Set Point in my settings but when I play with Durant his release is clearly at his flick motion on that same setting). There's also the badges, hot zones, and boosts. And this is even before getting to the latency.

All of this had made shooting in 2K24 way too convoluted. 2K may (very likely) patch some things this month but as long as automatic greens stay, it's probably going to mess something else up.

The answer imo is simple. Expand the green release window and make some percentage of green releases misses based primarily on ratings and defense (things like fatigue, defense again, rhythm can still determine the release window). It's just simply the most realistic way to do it. Releases are important but great shooters have an uncanny ability to measure distance from rim, In addition to body control, mechanics (which is ironic because currently some of the most fundamentally sound players are too difficult because the release point is too difficult to decipher), confidence, etc. Ratings should determine that but still of course not br the end all, be all.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa

Last edited by Rocky; 10-05-2023 at 04:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2023, 05:21 PM   #2
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: I feel like NBA2K24 is an inflection point for shooting and automatic greens

are you playing on Hall of Fame? That’s the only difficulty setting that has retained the ‘green or miss’ mechanic…

The window to make shots is pretty wide outside of that….even on Superstar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2023, 06:27 PM   #3
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: I feel like NBA2K24 is an inflection point for shooting and automatic greens

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
are you playing on Hall of Fame? That’s the only difficulty setting that has retained the ‘green or miss’ mechanic…

The window to make shots is pretty wide outside of that….even on Superstar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Correct me if I'm wrong...but every green is still a make right?

I'm aware that you can still make shots with slightly early or late's and (I believe) ratings still somewhat drive that.

What I'm saying is that green's shouldn't be automatic makes and that's causing issues with shooting.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »