Home

Player Career 24: Why you MIGHT want to start in EFL Two

This is a discussion on Player Career 24: Why you MIGHT want to start in EFL Two within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2023, 10:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Player Career 24: Why you MIGHT want to start in EFL Two

Hold it...what?

I know there are going to be some players who'd do this as a matter of course. But for escapists like me, who like to start with either a favorite club or a local one, EFL Two might sound like a bit of a stretch.

Think again. The agent in this year's edition, as well as the Training updates, could make an EFL Two start a profitable launching pad.

Your agent is going to be looking around at other clubs, and those clubs will have objectives. Your starting club will have expectations, too, and those will be tracked by your agent, so make sure you're looking at that. But as you fulfill your objectives, other clubs might start showing an interest. Those objectives from both your club, and from some of the transfer teams that will consider you early on, will be easier in EFL Two, than they would be if you start in some of the higher leagues. And you'll ultimately have more clubs to consider, over the course of a season.

Now add in the LONG schedule for EFL Two. Training in FC 24 occurs before every match, and not just once a week. Including the preseason, there are fifty-three fixtures, minimum, in EFL Two. And even that assumes that you go one and done in each of the THREE (!!) separate domestic Cup competitions, AND that you never get a look from your national squad. So, you're likely to get a lot more than 52 Training sessions in your first year, which is going to mean a lot of Training Points, and a lot of skill trees filling up faster.

Now add in all the XP you'll be piling up on the pitch. Even more points, even higher attributes.

That's not to say that this is the Best And Only Way to approach the mode. If you really want to start by trying to crack the starting eleven in PSG or Real Madrid right off the hop, welp, you do you, and get on down with your bad self.

But EFL Two can be a tempting opening act in your FC 24 Player Career, if you want to get a lot of Training sessions in early on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2023, 04:59 PM   #2
SQI
Rookie

Re: Player Career 24: Why you MIGHT want to start in EFL Two

This is something I always do Always League 2, and always some of the worst teams, although I am choosing Wrexham this year, which is one of the favorites to go up. I plan to watch "Welcome to Wrexham" for additional immersion.

I wish the game included even lower divisions, as I know I would be crazy enough to start from there. As I play every, that's a lot.
Old 09-29-2023, 03:39 PM   #3
Rookie

doorknobb's Arena

I started on League Two, striker for AFC Wimbledon, and managed to get called up to the English squad during the 2nd international break. Played every minute and agent keeps suggesting teams like Excelsior in the eerst Divisie for me. Game also docked me for being called up since there was a league game on the same day. In fact thanks to the friendlies I got a message saying that I was getting benched. I did not in fact get benched.

Training is definitely harder than the actual game at this point, although a lot of that is how random some of the scenarios are and also, not being able to zoom out means I can't see what I'm aiming at. Not a problem in game where camera is obviously adjustable. Also, we won a giant killing against Norwich City in the Carabao cup and the game crashed immediately afterwards. Upon reload game ended in a 3-3 draw and we lost on penalties. I've had to replay 3 wins thanks to post-game crashes already and I'm about halfway through the season and I don't even know what is triggering it. Meanwhile, I'm a full England international but was told that Leicester City in the Championship wouldn't even consider me joining next season. Give me a break.

I'm a good 10 OVR above the next best player, who is currently injured. I think EA must have designed it so you don't play every game out because if you do, you'll end up 80 OVR in league two after a season.
Old 09-29-2023, 04:17 PM   #4
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

I've always thought that the game plays better when you're playing with "weaker" teams. Once you start playing with the top top clubs the game just takes on an arcadey feel to it IMO.
Old 10-02-2023, 04:11 AM   #5
Rookie

hecbel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknobb
I started on League Two, striker for AFC Wimbledon, and managed to get called up to the English squad during the 2nd international break. Played every minute and agent keeps suggesting teams like Excelsior in the eerst Divisie for me. Game also docked me for being called up since there was a league game on the same day. In fact thanks to the friendlies I got a message saying that I was getting benched. I did not in fact get benched.

Training is definitely harder than the actual game at this point, although a lot of that is how random some of the scenarios are and also, not being able to zoom out means I can't see what I'm aiming at. Not a problem in game where camera is obviously adjustable. Also, we won a giant killing against Norwich City in the Carabao cup and the game crashed immediately afterwards. Upon reload game ended in a 3-3 draw and we lost on penalties. I've had to replay 3 wins thanks to post-game crashes already and I'm about halfway through the season and I don't even know what is triggering it. Meanwhile, I'm a full England international but was told that Leicester City in the Championship wouldn't even consider me joining next season. Give me a break.

I'm a good 10 OVR above the next best player, who is currently injured. I think EA must have designed it so you don't play every game out because if you do, you'll end up 80 OVR in league two after a season.
If you want a realistic game, don't start in EFL Two. Why do you want a 80 overall player in EFL 1 or 2? The realistic way whould be
60-68 overall in EFL Two
65-70 in EFL One
70-75 in Championship
75-80 in your first year in Premier League.
80-85 in your second year, and here your first international call, NOT WHILE YOU ARE IN EFL 1 FFS!!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »