Home

Bracket Coverage in M24

This is a discussion on Bracket Coverage in M24 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-24-2023, 03:17 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Bracket Coverage in M24

Question for y’all:

If I wanted to do a Belichick style game plan where I work to but a bracket on a particular receiving threat, is that something I can do in Madden?

I’m guessing you might choose something like 1 robber and take one of those defenders to put some extra leverage on the WR in question, but I’m wondering if folks have worked this through and figured out a good way to implement a game plan like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2023, 09:00 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Bracket Coverage in M24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueHominid
Question for y’all:

If I wanted to do a Belichick style game plan where I work to but a bracket on a particular receiving threat, is that something I can do in Madden?

I’m guessing you might choose something like 1 robber and take one of those defenders to put some extra leverage on the WR in question, but I’m wondering if folks have worked this through and figured out a good way to implement a game plan like that.
I'm no expert and am just speculating here but I'm guessing you'd have to do individual shading adjustments to the 2 defenders you have playing the WR.

If you just man say your safety on the WR who is already manned up by a CB without adjusting how the CB and S shade they'd just cover the WR the exact same way and potentially even be in each other's way.

That said, I think it would be possible provided you have the time pre-snap to man up the second defender and do the shading adjustments, which might be tricky.
Old 09-25-2023, 10:00 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
I'm no expert and am just speculating here but I'm guessing you'd have to do individual shading adjustments to the 2 defenders you have playing the WR.

If you just man say your safety on the WR who is already manned up by a CB without adjusting how the CB and S shade they'd just cover the WR the exact same way and potentially even be in each other's way.

That said, I think it would be possible provided you have the time pre-snap to man up the second defender and do the shading adjustments, which might be tricky.
Nice job explaining that.

Probably manual is your best bet.
Old 09-25-2023, 11:36 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 8

On that note, is there any way to double a receiver? I think they had that option back in the day...08 maybe?
Old 09-25-2023, 11:44 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by davep
On that note, is there any way to double a receiver? I think they had that option back in the day...08 maybe?
You can manually but you get what was explained above. ^^^

But as far as double x and double z that used to be in playbooks, those don’t exist anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2023, 12:14 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

I like the way you think, I will try to double in practice, shading the corner back to the outside and the safety should cover inside or straight up by default, that way they shouldn't get in each other way. The older maddens had plays like others mention that automatically doubled team but most of the time they got in each other way
Old 09-25-2023, 12:25 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

OK, this helps, thanks!

I think something like inside/outside shading on the CB + usering a S to take care of the other side of things is the best way in M2M.

Madden definitely used to have a double X/Z play in the game, but that’s been some time.

It’s a significant part of teams’ game plans each week (at least for some teams), so I figured there was probably a way to replicate this in Madden, but it sounds like it takes some creativity.

You used to be able to spotlight a certain receiver, but I’m not sure if that’s in the game now or not.

Anyway, thanks for the responses!
Old 09-25-2023, 06:48 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueHominid
OK, this helps, thanks!

I think something like inside/outside shading on the CB + usering a S to take care of the other side of things is the best way in M2M.

Madden definitely used to have a double X/Z play in the game, but that’s been some time.

It’s a significant part of teams’ game plans each week (at least for some teams), so I figured there was probably a way to replicate this in Madden, but it sounds like it takes some creativity.

You used to be able to spotlight a certain receiver, but I’m not sure if that’s in the game now or not.

Anyway, thanks for the responses!

Spotlight receiver is still in the game. Under individual coverage adjustment. Select receiver. Spotlight is at the bottom

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »