Home

EA Sports FC 24 - Impressions

This is a discussion on EA Sports FC 24 - Impressions within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-22-2023, 01:31 AM   #1
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
EA Sports FC 24 - Impressions

Playing on PC, Ultra settings, uncapped frames. Game play is very smooth. Graphically probably the best looking soccer game I have ever played. The field degrades realistically, as in if a player slides, you see their slide mark left in the field from where their cleats were digging in.

Much like NBA 2K, EA Sports Hypermotion is LEGIT. Player movement is very good. Players feel weighted, crossing and faking people out is awesome because now players fall down or stumble when they are faked out. The ball is lively. Goal keepers react realistic now as well. On default I had 2 penalties called on 6 minute halves. 1 resulted in a yellow card. Presentation is nice, they show a lot of behind the scenes in the tunnel, locker room and inside the studio booth during halftime and post game. Pretty nice touch honestly. Crowd got an improvement, the crowd models look as good the player models now.

Crowd get pretty loud and the game has a setting called beyond broadcast, that makes the crowd sound even more loud. I reach Madden had this setting. The AI is pretty good. When they are down they press and try to steal a lot and go for the counter attack. You can definitely on the field now tell the difference between fast and slow players, along with the difference between agile and non agile.

I am highly impressed. I can't wait for Madden and NCAA football to get hypermotion. It is a game changer. You can do things now that previously wouldn't happen because players were too fast to react in an unrealistic way and covered too much ground, changed directions too easy. You can thread the needle on passes now between 2 defenders without them warping over and intercepting it like they use to.

Hypernotion is one of those things you have to play in order to feel the difference. Video does no justice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2023, 01:59 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports FC 24 - Impressions

played the game on PC.

- graphically fifa 23 is better it looks sharper. played it back to back with 24 just to see graphical improvements

- right now locked to 60hz so i cant take advantage of my monitor's refresh rate.
Old 09-22-2023, 03:53 AM   #3
Rookie

Very excited for this game after playing my first game in manager mode.

Gameplay is great already and manager mode feels new and fresh.

Last 2 Fifa games have been so good.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-22-2023, 04:39 AM   #4
Rookie

hecbel's Arena

Gameplay on default settings is just not good. I have played one with the beta set from Matt an already saw a improvement.

I really liked FIFA23, this could be a nice continuation.
Old 09-22-2023, 05:18 AM   #5
Rookie

Played a game and use OS sliders on WC level.
At 4k ultra at 120hz with proper HDR(1000 nits minimum) the game runs very well. Finally a well optimized fifa. Graphics are decent for fifa.

Modding will enhance them(hopefully)
Cameras cant be changed. Custom cams are fixed and will not adjust. So bad camera angles for me.
What matters most is the gameplay.

Ea sports games rarely manage to have much realism.
Fifa 24 is less unrealistic than 23 but its still totally unrealistic. Never in the history of football will you see a match that plays like fifa.
Fifa 24 is yet another basketball game. Its a non contact sport.

CPU players dont close down. They stand and admire. They most certainly don't do what a human would do. When do you see a real game without fouling!!!

Its a sterile game. Fifa always is.
The only hope is to mod the game. I write my own gameplay mods which can give some realism. I can write in a lot of physicality.
Ea most certainly dont want us to mod their sports games. I have my mod ready to go. I just need fifa editor updating and to know where their gameplay file is. They hid it well in 23 but I found it.
They have also changed their squad file system.
Fifa 24 is a game for those who dont care about realism.

EA sports games are for those who dont like sports games.

I have play pro so have been through their latest releases. Golf, madden, f1 are all deleted as they are realistic as tom and jerry. All have broken AI.
Its early days for fifa 24.
Its less unrealistic than 23. Its impossible to be worse.
Buts its not football as you we know it.
Its EA sports.

Last edited by Peterswan62; 09-22-2023 at 05:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2023, 05:31 AM   #6
Rookie

I don’t know man. Played last night for 1-2 hours and tested a bit. The game feels way to fast, way faster than 23. I played with the sliders (especially Speed and acceleration) but it was still to fast.

And a thing that annoys me, maybe somebody has an solution. I only play offline and I can walk around the fullbacks with my wingers by just pressing the speed button. They won‘t attack me, it works 9/10 times. Had this in 23 until I changed the sliders.

Otherwise, graphically it looks good and the atmosphere seems to have stepped up.
Old 09-22-2023, 06:06 AM   #7
Rookie

hecbel's Arena

When we, as a society, accepted that games can be released with bugs with the promise of, maybe, can be fixed with future updates?

or at 3:13
Old 09-22-2023, 10:34 AM   #8
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Cameras cant be changed. Custom cams are fixed and will not adjust.
This is FALSE, you can customize every camera angle in the game. The options are there, you just have to scroll down.

Quote:
CPU players dont close down. They stand and admire. They most certainly don't do what a human would do. When do you see a real game without fouling!!!
This is also FALSE. I had fouls called in every game I played last night, along with a handful of yellow cards. And CPU players definitely close down and try to steal the ball from you. They are actually pretty good at stealing it from you too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »