Home

Always throwing bullets

This is a discussion on Always throwing bullets within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-15-2023, 08:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Always throwing bullets

Does anybody else have a hard time throwing anything except bullet passes? I try to throw a touch pass to get it over a LB 10 yards short of my WR but it always comes out a bullet. Or I’ve got them beat on a corner route and I get a perfect accuracy bullet pass that the defender picks off.

And then in the rare instance that I do throw a touch pass, it floats long enough for guys who aren’t even covering my WR to get over and pick it off.

Running verticals against cov3 sky for example. Inside WRs take off & get behind the hook zone defenders up the seam. One deep safety in the middle of the field takes one of the WRs and I throw to the other. Bullet pass gets picked by the hook defender 10y short of my wr. In the rare case I get a touch pass, the safety peels off his guy comes over and picks it off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2023, 08:52 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Always throwing bullets

Here’s an example. I’ve got him beat. Perfect accuracy throw. But it’s a bullet so the guy who should be completely out of the play catches it.

I don’t think a bullet pass, in real life, is 8 ft off the ground when it’s 25 feet from the intended receiver. But I know that’s how madden works. There’s line drives and pop ups and nothing in between.

Last edited by Tonka3013; 09-15-2023 at 08:54 AM.
Old 09-15-2023, 09:44 AM   #3
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

I have same issues. Exact same scenarios. Guy is 5 yds past the db who is trailing. I try to lob it so he can run under it, and the db leaps and makes a play on the ball, either swatting or an int. The pop-up on screen says "accurate bullet pass". I have been wondering if my controller is faulty!

FYI, I watched a video on you tube of a guy showing how to master passing on Madden 24 and he was surprised he had a hard time throwing a touch pass too. It was always bullet or a lob. He was in practice mode too and could rarely get a touch pass. It frustrated him as well which was ironic see he was showing us how to master the passing!
Old 09-15-2023, 10:00 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I can throw lobs and bullets fine, but throwing touch passes is tough. The timing window feels way too small and it's why I think EA should allow us to customize the size of the window. I also wish they let us choose how to throw each type. I'd rather have a tap be a bullet and a lob be a tap while the touch stays the same, but we don't even have the ability to change something that simple.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 09-15-2023, 10:01 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka3013
Here’s an example. I’ve got him beat. Perfect accuracy throw. But it’s a bullet so the guy who should be completely out of the play catches it.

I don’t think a bullet pass, in real life, is 8 ft off the ground when it’s 25 feet from the intended receiver. But I know that’s how madden works. There’s line drives and pop ups and nothing in between.
You can get all sorts of pass types based upon how hard you press the button. It sounds like you may have a trigger lock on or something.

I'd also go into practice mode where you do the drills and learn there, it helps

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2023, 10:21 AM   #6
Rookie

What is trigger lock?
Old 09-15-2023, 11:03 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka3013
What is trigger lock?
are you using a regular controller or like a playstation dualsense or microsoft elite?

i ask because the latter both have trigger lock that changes the triggers from analog to digital. so if you have that on on the joystick you will only be able to throw a lob or a bullet.

usually there's a switch on the bottom of the pad to change it

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 09-15-2023, 11:22 AM   #8
Rookie

Oh I see. I’m using an OEM controller.

Maybe I just have a hard time lightly pressing a button when I’m trying to evade a rush and get a pass off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »