Home

Here’s an (perfect) idea

This is a discussion on Here’s an (perfect) idea within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-21-2023, 02:18 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Here’s an (perfect) idea

Over the years a lot of people have suggested that 2k creates a separate game. One for the NBA and the other for Park exclusively. As nice as that sounds, it’s never going to happen….I think something far more realistic is for 2K to make a simple standard version without the whole MyTeam/MyCareer/Park experience. For maybe $59.99 ? Just a simple NBA & WNBA experience, with MyNBA and whatever legend mode they choose (Jordan Challenge/Mamba Moments)

Less money, less fluff, less storage. Can’t think of a better way that they could possibly go to show their love towards their day ONE audience. Eras was a start…but they can truly take it one step further.

Last edited by KobeDropped81; 08-21-2023 at 03:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2023, 02:29 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Here’s an (perfect) idea

They'd lose the majority of their fanbase-- the ones who play MyTeam/MyCareer/Park and not MyNBA/Legend modes. No way they'd ever do that.
Old 08-21-2023, 02:36 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeDropped81
Over the years a lot of people have suggested that 2k creates a separate game. One for the NBA and the other for Park exclusively. As nice as that sounds, it’s never going to happen….I think something far more realistic is for 2K to turn the standard version into a game without the whole MyTeam/MyCareer/Park experience. For maybe $59.99 ? Just a simple NBA & WNBA experience, with MyNBA and whatever legend mode they choose (Jordan Challenge/Mamba Moments)

Less money, less fluff, less storage. Can’t think of a better way that they could possibly go to show their love towards their day ONE audience. Eras was a start…but they can truly take it one step further.
This idea sounds kind of foolish.

1. How does separating the game benefit someone who plays franchise?
2. If I wanted to play both.. I need to buy two different games?
Old 08-21-2023, 03:12 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by djflock

Most franchise guys don’t give a rats tail about all those other modes. A lot of us have been around before any of that crap was ever introduced. Many of us hate the fact that BECAUSE of those other modes, we have to give up 100+ GBs of storage. All I’m asking is for a simple experience. For a whopping $10 more you can have the game that you already have

Edit: My bad I could’ve worded things better

Last edited by KobeDropped81; 08-21-2023 at 03:24 PM.
Old 08-21-2023, 03:17 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorMG
They'd lose the majority of their fanbase-- the ones who play MyTeam/MyCareer/Park and not MyNBA/Legend modes. No way they'd ever do that.
How would they lose half their fan base? Those park guys aren’t going anywhere. I’m not suggesting that they separate the game. For $69.99 you can still have the standard version with all the modes and features. Im basically suggesting they make a simple standard version for those of us who don’t play the heavily monetized modes…I apologize I could’ve worded things better

Last edited by KobeDropped81; 08-21-2023 at 03:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2023, 04:41 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by djflock

Myself as an Avid Franchise player, I have never touched the Snowman builder or any other mode BUT MYNBA.

What I think he means is that for the 149.99 version, you get the Add on of Park and all that stuff. for 59.99, you just get the game. So if you want to later on, you buy the add on and download it like a DLC.

Not sure it can be really done like that though lol
Old 08-21-2023, 05:24 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY_D1
Myself as an Avid Franchise player, I have never touched the Snowman builder or any other mode BUT MYNBA.

What I think he means is that for the 149.99 version, you get the Add on of Park and all that stuff. for 59.99, you just get the game. So if you want to later on, you buy the add on and download it like a DLC.

Not sure it can be really done like that though lol
Adding modes via DLC is an interesting idea that I hadn’t thought of . Hmm. I think what’s so confusing about the initial post was “turn the standard version into” . I see how badly that could be misinterpreted. I didn’t mean eliminate the $69.99 option that currently exists. I meant just add another option and call that the standard version…something like
$59.99 - standard edition
$69.99 - pro edition
$99.99 - elite edition
$149.99 - legend edition
Old 08-21-2023, 05:30 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 33

The park guys go nowhere, so do the non park guys, not a benefitial business approach ... Good idea for some customers not from a company wise perspective.

There is no incentive for them, IMHO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »