Home

EA Sports FC 24 Player Career & Manager Career Mode Details Revealed

This is a discussion on EA Sports FC 24 Player Career & Manager Career Mode Details Revealed within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-31-2023, 10:56 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
EA Sports FC 24 Player Career & Manager Career Mode Details Revealed

EA shared a new EA Sports FC 24 trailer and Pitch Notes announcing Manager Career and...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 07-31-2023 at 11:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2023, 11:43 AM   #2
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports FC 24 Career Mode & Manager Career Mode Details

Early thoughts

-Hopefully training can be automated. The worst part of career mode is the part where you have to do training at the start of every season to get grades again.

-Player Agent looks sweet. Finally have some control over our careers!

-Opponent play style is very nice to see now. One of those things you can’t believe we’re just now getting but I’ll take it.

-Only downside from the opponent play style, is as of now there is no manager movement, so teams will always play the same I’m assuming.

-Franchise Fidelity to Reality Roster out Now!
-Creator of JWDixon’s Franchise Spreadsheet
-More coming soon!
Old 07-31-2023, 01:52 PM   #3
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Career Manager:

- Love adding coaches! I like what this brings and the choices it makes.

- The new training stuff is solid, I love the added flexibility to determine how I want to approach this.

- New Pre-match reports are MUCH needed! Love the addition.

- Coaching mode! YES. I love it.

This is great stuff, I like what I'm seeing. Would've liked some improvements to weird stuff like how youth progresses and that stuff, and maybe that's there. But what was covered today? Love it. Much more than I thought we were getting.

Edit: proper website link: https://www.ea.com/games/ea-sports-f...reer-deep-dive

Steve_OS, your URL is missing something in it.

Last edited by Broncos86; 07-31-2023 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-31-2023, 06:53 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Not a big fan of coaches giving boosts to players stats. Love the idea of building a coaching team though. The opponent scouting and training to play to take them on could be awesome.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:06 AM   #5
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1nn1e
Not a big fan of coaches giving boosts to players stats. Love the idea of building a coaching team though. The opponent scouting and training to play to take them on could be awesome.
So it's a question of "what does a coach do?" How do you replicate what a coach actually does. Coaches don't just educate, they help players refine their play, iron out problems, and look to push players to new heights.

Better coaches get more out of their players, and bad coaches can actually hinder a player. The coaches in the game need to be more than just "this is how my players improve towards their max potential." They need to be a representation of the game-by-game coaching of the players.

Because of that, I like that better coaches, with the right system, equals better performance from the players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2023, 04:46 PM   #6
Flip That Bat!

Entiae's Arena

OVR: 9

... sounds like I will need even more workarounds to not have my players boosted.

Hopefully you can strategically sign and assign coaches in roles that won't boost the players at all. Or maybe just keeping their sharpness low will be enough to negate it, so nothing but fitness training it is. My players will love it. I mean, they won't have a choice.

Quote:
Team preparation is a season-long quest of finding the right balance between building up the players’ match Sharpness and helping them regain their Fitness as soon as possible. It’s a challenge that the entire staff of the club works towards
It's an especially tough challenge when the manager is actively sabotaging those efforts.
Old 08-02-2023, 10:22 PM   #7
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entiae
... sounds like I will need even more workarounds to not have my players boosted.

Hopefully you can strategically sign and assign coaches in roles that won't boost the players at all. Or maybe just keeping their sharpness low will be enough to negate it, so nothing but fitness training it is. My players will love it. I mean, they won't have a choice.

It's an especially tough challenge when the manager is actively sabotaging those efforts.
Your goal is to remove these elements of gameplay? Why is that?
Old 08-03-2023, 01:30 PM   #8
Flip That Bat!

Entiae's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Your goal is to remove these elements of gameplay? Why is that?
Because if I don't, career mode is effectively ruined for me.

I love the idea of assembling a coaching staff, and that the managerial and player styles can either gel or clash. The idea of training regimes being important and that they can be individualised and need to be altered depending on the upcoming schedule sounds fantastic. (just don't force us to play repetitive drills every week...)
I'd like the pre-season to be expanded upon as well, but I don't think that has been mentioned?

What I despise are the ratings boosts. Like Steve touched on in his article, having Jack Grealish’s sprint speed increase from a 74 to an 80 is ludicrous. And that was not even due to an Expert coach, it was from an Accomplished.

I would want the players' base ratings to be the top level. That you would need a coaching staff and the correct styles (etc. etc.) for a player to play at his true level. If something is missing, his ratings take a hit instead. And this should probably be limited to only mental attributes.

If everything is at max level (coaches, sharpness, and so on), maybe a small boost to the mental attributes would be fitting.

I totally get that everyone wouldn't like this system. Just as I can't stand +6ovr boosts throughout the entire squad.

Preferably, there would be an option or a slider for this. To set the base level or something like that.

Maybe it will be more challenging than they are making it sound, but based on previous editions I doubt it. I hope I'm wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »