Home

EA PGA Tour - Playing Partners

This is a discussion on EA PGA Tour - Playing Partners within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-01-2023, 12:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
EA PGA Tour - Playing Partners

I love the fact we can play with partners in career mode. However, I think there needs to be an update to how they play. They’re far too conservative… in my experience, they never hit driver on a par 5 and on par 4s when they hit driver, it’s usually at -10% or less power. Is anyone else experiencing something different with playing partners?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2023, 12:24 PM   #2
Pro

Dawgfan1's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: EA PGA Tour - Playing Partners

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeeLo15
I love the fact we can play with partners in career mode. However, I think there needs to be an update to how they play. They’re far too conservative… in my experience, they never hit driver on a par 5 and on par 4s when they hit driver, it’s usually at -10% or less power. Is anyone else experiencing something different with playing partners?
I haven't gotten to the PGA Tour in my career yet but from the videos I've seen others have also had the -10% power problem on drives with driver. The partners play well about 90-95% of the time but that 5-10% has some weird results.

They don't play well in short game, they always use the blast out of the bunker and end up 15-20 ft away and have trouble getting up hills with the pitch shot, often leaving it short. They seem to only use basic shot types, never the punch or flop even, no pick out of the bunker or finesse approach, etc. Not a huge fan of the way they putt, I think they take the putt read line and putt off that, which usually means they end up 1-2 ft away when they miss and the game will "simulate" 3-putts by having them miss a couple of those 2 footers. I'd like to see more variety in the putting, some misreads or ones that go way long or short. Overall I like how it's done but there's some rough edges to iron out.
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Soccer: Southampton and Atlanta United

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »