Home

Courses changing at majors in career mode

This is a discussion on Courses changing at majors in career mode within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-05-2023, 11:29 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Courses changing at majors in career mode

I know i spoke about this in the impressions thread but i believe this issue needs to be brought to the light a little bit more so that the devs are fully aware that we want this.

So In career mode when you progress to the next season the PGA championship and the US Open keep using the same courses over and over. Can this be fixed and was this done on purpose? I do know in Tiger 14 and the Rory game had courses change at majors. Please help spread word that we want these courses to be used at majors in the game!
Here are the courses that should be eligible to host majors in career mode.

PGA Championship
Southern Hills Country Club,
Kiawah Island Golf Resort’s Ocean Course,
Whistling straights,
Quail hollow,
Oak hill

U.S Open
Pebble Beach Golf Links,
Torrey Pines,
The Country Club in Brookline, Mass,
Chambers bay,
LA cc,
Olympia fields

The Open championship
St Andrews,
Royal Liverpool

Last edited by Btj98; 04-05-2023 at 11:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2023, 11:36 AM   #2
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Courses changing at majors in career mode

I think the hangup has to be the fact that only one Open Championship rota course is in the game now.

It took "Rory" months to get rotating majors in it, so I'd imagine it might be the same thing here. Once Royal Liverpool is added, there will probably be a patch that will add rotating majors into the game.

At least that would be the hope...or maybe it's part of a Day 1 patch coming Friday, along with the option to edit the number of rounds in PGA Tour events, as well! Fingers crossed!
Old 04-05-2023, 11:49 AM   #3
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
I think the hangup has to be the fact that only one Open Championship rota course is in the game now.

It took "Rory" months to get rotating majors in it, so I'd imagine it might be the same thing here. Once Royal Liverpool is added, there will probably be a patch that will add rotating majors into the game.

At least that would be the hope...or maybe it's part of a Day 1 patch coming Friday, along with the option to edit the number of rounds in PGA Tour events, as well! Fingers crossed!
Is there a day one patch?

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 04-05-2023, 11:50 AM   #4
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
Is there a day one patch?
No idea...but I would be shocked if there wasn't, since basically all games have them these days.
Old 04-05-2023, 12:03 PM   #5
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
No idea...but I would be shocked if there wasn't, since basically all games have them these days.
I do agree with that, but I figured it might have already been released for the early access.

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2023, 12:16 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

You are definitely on to something Beach but, here is my thinking with this. Im not understanding why we would have to wait until july for a feature so simple. Why would they not just have it activated now and just add Liverpool to the rotation when its time to release it? There is already like 8 courses that could be rotated around between the PGA and the US Open so why wait for like 3 courses? Like i said before missing a feature like this is inexcusable based on the course selection for this game. If the game was purposely built like this then why not add more real pga tour event courses? Why bring back courses like Kiawah island if they were never going to be used as majors in the game? It doesn't make sense lol. Hopefully its in the day one patch like you said. If not we need the community to keep pushing this info out so that the devs know about it.
Old 04-05-2023, 02:35 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

I hope they allow you to choose the rotations for majors within reason and events that are not licensed. That would be really great

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »