Home

Old 04-01-2023, 11:18 AM   #1
Rookie

xxvii's Arena

OVR: 0
Quick Counts

I wish you could toggle quick counts to have it only be for when pitching (or batting if you prefer). I love it when pitching because without it I rarely walk batters in franchise mode and lead the league in fewest walks by a ridiculous number. But when batting, I feel like at bats are better starting at 0-0 for rhythm/timing.. it's obviously nice when you get a 3-0 3-1 count lol, but it also seems to mess up the pitch counter a lot. Is it possible to toggle this in-between innings (doubt it) or does anyone agree?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2023, 11:25 AM   #2
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Re: Quick Counts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxvii
I wish you could toggle quick counts to have it only be for when pitching (or batting if you prefer). I love it when pitching because without it I rarely walk batters in franchise mode and lead the league in fewest walks by a ridiculous number. But when batting, I feel like at bats are better starting at 0-0 for rhythm/timing.. it's obviously nice when you get a 3-0 3-1 count lol, but it also seems to mess up the pitch counter a lot. Is it possible to toggle this in-between innings (doubt it) or does anyone agree?
Well. Right at the moment the QC is all messed up. The totals are about 100 pitches when after 5 innings, so that has GOT to be fixed. No, once you choose QC both teams are stuck with it. I agree about batting without it. I moved off QC for the first time since its inception and I’m actually enjoying it much more.
Old 04-01-2023, 12:03 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Probably never see it happen since the feature has been in with no change for years (except the negative change this year to not subtract pitches)... but it would be great if quick counts had more customizability for the user like other features.

I'd love to see the ability to toggle it on/off whenever in the game... to have it for hitting/pitching only as you suggest, and to also have the ability to choose which counts you want to incldue (so it could be an option to have the occasional 0-0, 1-0, and 0-1 count) and also sliders on the frequency of each count if anyone wanted to further tailor their experience, would be great.

But yeah, as of now I'm just hopeful a fix comes in soon to have it go back to how it was in past years, when it would subtract a pitch from each at bat for the pitch count... as right now I haven't even been able to get a pitcher into the 8th inning, even if they are cruising and have only given up one hit.. as pitches are just racking up at too high of a rate. The balance of how this feature used to work in other versions was perfect... Really hope this is a bug and not a "fix" they have implemented and thus, won't change back.
Old 04-01-2023, 12:17 PM   #4
MVP

All Star Baseball had this right. You had many options: Random, pitcher favored, hitter favored, specific counts.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 04-01-2023, 02:59 PM   #5
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Funny you prefer it off when batting. I'd prefer it off when pitching and on when batting if I had the option. I've used it since it was introduced long ago and will never go back.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2023, 03:00 PM   #6
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

What I don’t get is they haven’t changed quick counts in 9 years since it debuted but they decide to do away with the minus 1 pitch per AB.

We found stamina at 6 is a good fix for it. I always went by a pitcher can go about 10 pitches above his stamina rating. So a 82 stamina guy can go about 92 pitches before getting tired. He won’t get tired now until about 120 pitches. We set it at 6 because if you look at the boxscores and minus the total AB’s from total pitches when he gets yellow it comes to about 92 pitches.

Pain in the butt but it is close as we can get for now. So pretty much minus 20 pitches.

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 04-01-2023, 03:07 PM   #7
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Anyone notice the stamina bar not changing from green to yellow when using QC? I've seen the stamina go really low, even empty out but never turns colors from yellow, yellow-orange, then red. A pain cause it's not giving you pitcher tired message because of it I assume.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 04-01-2023, 03:51 PM   #8
MVP

DallasRocks's Arena

OVR: 12

Is there a way to set QC as permanent for franchise? Annoying to always toggle it in bc you can forget sometimes and start a game by accident with it off

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »