Home

Maximum Football Trailer, Screenshots, Features & More Revealed - Coming This Spring, Free to Play

This is a discussion on Maximum Football Trailer, Screenshots, Features & More Revealed - Coming This Spring, Free to Play within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-07-2023, 11:23 AM   #1
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Maximum Football Trailer, Screenshots, Features & More Revealed - Coming This Spring, Free to Play

Modus Games has revealed their first look at Maximum Football today with a new trailer, screenshots,...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2023, 12:04 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: New Maximum Football Trailer! 2/7/2023

Looks great! I am confused how this will be free-to-play? For the single player franchise/dynasty thing? How will they make money?
Old 02-07-2023, 01:22 PM   #3
Rookie

wreckem27's Arena

OVR: 0

Damn that looks great.
Old 02-07-2023, 03:24 PM   #4
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Unreal Engine 5 is a great choice for powering the graphics, the canned cutscenes are animated nicely, and the customization suite looks fairly impressive.

The actual football that happens once the ball is snapped (in the very limited football gameplay that is shown off in this sizzle reel)? It reminds me of Madden 06 on the XBOX 360. In particular, the ball carrier looks very slide-y.

More importantly, for a game advertising itself as "simulation football", this first trailer is also executing plenty of football concepts fundamentally wrong. I do not see any double-team blocking whatsoever. Wide receiver route stems have no relation to the quarterback pass drop; at 0:23 the quarterback has finished a five-step drop and is cocking his arm to throw, but his receivers haven't even cleared the line of scrimmage to release into their routes. This play is somehow a completion to the tight end. Same play, I also can't remember ever seeing an offensive tackle block a defensive end heads-up following a five-step drop.

At 0:55, I have no idea what the cornerback is doing; he's presumably playing the flat in spot-drop Cover 2, but it doesn't look like he has an animation to flip his hips and turn, so he has to run in a circle to play the ball and takes himself well out of the play. The same-side safety on the same play isn't splitting 1 and 2 and is otherwise way too narrow if he's supposed to be playing deep half.

It's free, so sure I'll try it. I enjoy games which enable user expression through customization. But I will be keeping my expectations low.
Old 02-07-2023, 05:21 PM   #5
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckem27
Damn that looks great.
Yeah, pretty impressive for whatever the amount of manpower they have available as I'm sure it's a relatively small development team. Looks like they have a good foundation in place, graphically and animation-wise, from which to build on going forward.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2023, 05:51 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Maximum Football Trailer, Screenshots, Features & More Revealed - Coming This Spr

looks amazing.

I looked at the specs, you'll need a very recent computer to play. it also doesnt list AMD, its only intel chip.

Last edited by tril; 02-08-2023 at 05:57 AM.
Old 02-08-2023, 06:05 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Maximum Football Trailer, Screenshots, Features & More Revealed - Coming This Spr

Looks like they have a very solid foundation. However, I can't regress back to the stiff turn on a dime movement that we suffered through for the last decade with Madden. Once they get that corrected, I'll definitely check this out. I'm curious as to how they have what looks like a very capable physics engine but the player direction change (referencing the foot planting and weight shifting) is non existent?
Old 02-08-2023, 12:21 PM   #8
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
looks amazing.

I looked at the specs, you'll need a very recent computer to play. it also doesnt list AMD, its only intel chip.

Unreal Engine 5 games run on both Intel and AMD processors.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »