Home

figuring out the field art

This is a discussion on figuring out the field art within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-28-2022, 10:16 PM   #1
Rookie

that1990guy's Arena

OVR: 0
figuring out the field art

so far i have not found the field art in the stadiums tab in the db editor for either Madden 11 or 12.

has anyone been able to change the logos on the field with the db editor?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2022, 12:20 PM   #2
Just started!

Re: figuring out the field art

logos? the game is broken man, Why in every air ball that deflects the defense there are two or 3 other touches from other players or from the same player who deflected it at the beginning, is it some kind of joke in bad taste? Why don't you miss a single field goal even if you play 200 games? Why a challenge button if it is disabled. Have these people at EA ever seen a football game? Or do they just make a worse game every year on purpose to **** around? Logos.....
Old 11-15-2022, 01:13 PM   #3
Rookie

Limasbravo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigmalion
logos? the game is broken man, Why in every air ball that deflects the defense there are two or 3 other touches from other players or from the same player who deflected it at the beginning, is it some kind of joke in bad taste? Why don't you miss a single field goal even if you play 200 games? Why a challenge button if it is disabled. Have these people at EA ever seen a football game? Or do they just make a worse game every year on purpose to **** around? Logos.....
No need to be a jerk. People have different things they look for in a game and problems that they can live with.

Sorry, that1990guy, I myself don't know, I'm on console.
Old 11-15-2022, 05:56 PM   #4
Rookie

that1990guy's Arena

ha! ha! Piggy is right.... there are a lot of problems with this game. the ball being batted around is a pain, that's for sure. as far as the field goals go, you can fix that with the gameplay sliders.

yeah, this specific Madden has its issues, they all do. Ever since the series began they have been adding features i have no use for and (mostly) subtracting game features that i like. And what's up with the random career stats in franchise mode??

there are so many little things that make me feel like these game developers are straight up amateurs. little stuff, like when when you exit the game the word "quit" has the bottom of the q clipped off, what's up with the sideways sitting in the end zone at M&T Bank Stadium, the Back Judge and the Referee both wear 48, when there is a penalty on the kick return the Referee says Repeat 4th down, soooo many times the commentary will make a quip that hasn't happened in the game... stuff like an incomplete pass that hits the ground, Gus will say, the ball is tipped!! ....

there are a lot of good things in the game too. franchise mode is where its at for me, so this is the second to last Madden ever made as far as i am concerned. we all know what absolute junk this series has become. for me, i cant get passed what a great game MLB The Show is. LOOK! what can be done in a sports game. then you play Madden and every thing comes up short when you compare it to The Show. you can see what can be done with a PlayStation title and EA just can't touch it.

all that being said, football is my passion, not baseball, so i take this option Madden 11 as my only chance. i keep comparing it to Tecmo Super Bowl, that helps take the edge off.... and yeah .... i wanna put the Oilers logos on the Texans field
Old 11-15-2022, 06:07 PM   #5
Rookie

that1990guy's Arena

the TEAM tab has fields that i thought were the endzones, TEZ1 and TEZ2, but the changes i made don't show up on the game. i also haven't had any luck with the logos on "London Stadium"

Last edited by that1990guy; 11-22-2022 at 09:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2022, 10:01 PM   #6
Rookie

that1990guy's Arena

okay, well this just happened.... while playing my 86 franchise, the Lions against the Broncos in preseason... Witkowski throws the pass and it hits the helmet of Louis Wright who is looking the wrong direction. The ball just volleys up and down on the on the back of his neck and shoulder pads for what seemed like an eternity before finally hitting the ground. As soon as the ball comes off him Carl Bland of the Lions lays him out.

it was pretty funny and a good example of the ball bat, but first time i saw it on 1 player who wasn't looking at the ball.
Old 09-29-2023, 01:48 PM   #7
Rookie

To edit and/or change field art you need to access the data files which can be done using a DAT editor. I know the football idiot forums have several dat editors that can be downloaded but I have never used one. I am interested in modding Madden files myself so please keep us posted if you have any luck

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »