Home

NBA era background play

This is a discussion on NBA era background play within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-21-2022, 05:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
NBA era background play

I cant be the only one that is doing this

loving everything about ERAs play - but to fully appreciate \ enjoy I am going to want to play out several seasons. I only have time to play a couple games a a week and with so many games sim is the only option to achieve that.

that is just always a slippery slope of losing immersion. so I have gotten in the habit of "playing" a lot of my games CPU-CPU in the background while I am working. feels like just having a classic game on in the background (except for I don't know what will happen)

first two times I did it both came down to buzzer beaters (I lost both, but still cool) has really added to the immersion factor and I can and sometimes will take over for a bit if the opportunity strikes.

never really did that with my previous "modern" nba2k saves. but really has added to the experience and immersion for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2022, 02:39 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: NBA era background play

I do this, especially for image purposes.. I simulate and allow the CPU top play and just watch.

The game is beautiful to see and it feel s good just to see how the season goes.. and you can make different scenarios in your head for them as well
Old 10-22-2022, 12:15 PM   #3
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

I do this a lot, too. I play 10-12 min quarters. More often than not something (usually my 3 year old daughter) happens that pulls me away from the game. I put it on CPU VS CPU and let it ride. I let it play in the background. I also watch interesting matchups during the season and the finals if my team isnt in there. An added bonus is the 1100VC I earn for each game. It adds up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-22-2022, 12:52 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

One way I’ve gone about this is to just sim all the season games, then play the playoffs each season. I’ll trade and sign guys, but just let the CPU do most of the heavy lifting during the season.

It’s fun way to cruise through several years of playoffs with legends.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »