Home

NBA 2K24 MyEras Wishlist

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 MyEras Wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-15-2022, 11:23 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
NBA 2K24 MyEras Wishlist

So I can't overstate how much I'm enjoying MyEra mode in NBA 2K23. I find it to be such a novel and well-executed feature, in fact, that my hope is that the development team continues refining this mode from year to year rather than let it rest stagnant.

With that in mind, I thought it could be beneficial to compose a list of ways MyEras could be even better moving forth.

Of course, I imagine we could say things like, "Sign Charles Barkley, Reggie Miller, and every other missing player", but we might be better served making recommendations the developers themselves may have more control over.

So with that said, here's a few things off the top of my head:

1. A continuation of era-specific court art inclusion: All the courts provided this year are amazing, so I'd love to see that work continue. Some of the more noticeable missing rebrands falling within Eras:

- Original teal Pistons court (1997)

- Rockets blast off

- Mid-90's Hawks

- 1993 Sunblast court

- Seattle's late 80's, early 90's Coliseum floor

2. A generic dome option for create-an-arena: An overly spacious dome setting would allow for more realistic creations of the likes of the Kingdome (mid-80's Sonics), Silverdome (80's Pistons), Georgia Dome (Hawks at one point), and maybe even the Tacoma Dome.

3. The ability to select a classic basket stanchion in create-an-arena: As it stands, editing an area results in the basket stanchion options defaulting to either modern or super-modern. It'd be nice to select our own classic stanchion and subsequent color.

4. Create-a-Coach (or full coach editing abilities, appearance included): It's been awesome seeing Phil Jackson on the sidelines, and Kevin Loughery, and Mike Fratello, and more. But for those who'll never make it to the game (licensing limitations being what they are), it'd be nice to be able to create our own rough interpretation of, say, Chuck Daly.

5. Era-specific NBA Playoff decals & dornas: The Jordan Challenge is teeming with life on account of small details like this. It's presumed that it takes a bit more work to carry the Jordan Challenge playoff art into other modes and courts, but I'd find to be a worthy venture.

6. Fixing up the shadow bug in create-an-arena: Right now it seems that editing an arena itself results in lighting developing a shadow effect, with players and jerseys becoming noticeable darker.

7. Continued improvement and refinement of era-specific rules: I'm loving the era-specific playstyle changes but I think it'd be fun to push things even further. Some niche era-specific rule changes I'd enjoy seeing:

-Only two free throws for fouling a 3-point shooter in the 80's and early 90's (right now it's three free throws for every era in 2K23).

-No flagrant foul calls in the 80's. The flagrant may have technically been on the books then but it was virtually never utilized because it came with a mandatory ejection and nobody wanted that. So, it was generally going to be a common foul or a tech back then. As it stands, the 80's era still has flagrants in 2K23, which come with two free throws and possession. The modern flagrant rule didn't kick in until the 1990-91 season.

-Shortened 3-point-line for a multi-year span beginning in 1994-95.

8. Authentic All-Star courts and jerseys: The way I figure, there's a few ways to achieve this goal without 2K themselves creating 40 separate all-star courts:

-Allow gamers to upload created all-star courts and/or jerseys to their Era each year.

-If nothing else, selecting a couple authentic representative all-star courts and jerseys for a given era would be better than nothing. For instance, bringing the 1988 all-star jerseys and court over from the Jordan Challenge for use during the 80's MyEra would be better than nothing.

9. Improved All-Star Weekend, with Old-Timers Game rather than Rookie Game until 1993, era-specific Shootout rules, era-specific dunk contest dunks, and the ability to practice these events outside of MyEras: With the rights to so many legends, this seems like something that could be at least somewhat half-stepped. It was a grey, pudgy Oscar Robertson running out there in real life, but I wouldn't mind a legends game with a prime-looking Oscar with some depleted attributes.

It's somewhat anachronistic to run a 3-point shootout in '86 with a Mountain Dew money ball rack. Not to mention, the controller delays to that mode drive me nuts.

I think a dunk contest has so much potential, especially if it was era- and player-specific. First, the new controls beat the heck out of the Guitar Hero thing 2K had going for years but I still think there's room to improve (and normalize the scoring system). Moreover, imagine how fun it'd be if certain era-specific participants had their actual dunks in their arsenals (Larry Nance's Go-Go Gadget dunks, J.R. Rider's Eastbay, MJ's signature FT line, etc.) It could be such an awesome mode, I swear.

10. More era-specific warmups: The Bulls' warmups are amazing. More of that would be radical.

Bonus: The ability to shatter or break backboards with specific players 1993 and prior.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2022, 12:48 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K24 MyEras Wishlist

Add 70’s Chamberlain Jabbar Reed era
Old 10-15-2022, 01:13 PM   #3
Rookie

All of the above mentioned would be absolutely awesome. Especially breaking the glass would be epic.

I would add real outside videos from different cities. MSG, Pontiac Silverdome, Twin Towers, Space Needle and so on and a halftime show. Also I'd like to add real music to the game.

Music from Michael Jackson, 2 Unlimited, Technotronic and others to make that 80s and 90s NBA feeling perfect
Old 10-15-2022, 04:21 PM   #4
Pro

laroche360's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
So I can't overstate how much I'm enjoying MyEra mode in NBA 2K23. I find it to be such a novel and well-executed feature, in fact, that my hope is that the development team continues refining this mode from year to year rather than let it rest stagnant.

With that in mind, I thought it could be beneficial to compose a list of ways MyEras could be even better moving forth.

Of course, I imagine we could say things like, "Sign Charles Barkley, Reggie Miller, and every other missing player", but we might be better served making recommendations the developers themselves may have more control over.

So with that said, here's a few things off the top of my head:

1. A continuation of era-specific court art inclusion: All the courts provided this year are amazing, so I'd love to see that work continue. Some of the more noticeable missing rebrands falling within Eras:

- Original teal Pistons court (1997)

- Rockets blast off

- Mid-90's Hawks

- 1993 Sunblast court

- Seattle's late 80's, early 90's Coliseum floor

2. A generic dome option for create-an-arena: An overly spacious dome setting would allow for more realistic creations of the likes of the Kingdome (mid-80's Sonics), Silverdome (80's Pistons), Georgia Dome (Hawks at one point), and maybe even the Tacoma Dome.

3. The ability to select a classic basket stanchion in create-an-arena: As it stands, editing an area results in the basket stanchion options defaulting to either modern or super-modern. It'd be nice to select our own classic stanchion and subsequent color.

4. Create-a-Coach (or full coach editing abilities, appearance included): It's been awesome seeing Phil Jackson on the sidelines, and Kevin Loughery, and Mike Fratello, and more. But for those who'll never make it to the game (licensing limitations being what they are), it'd be nice to be able to create our own rough interpretation of, say, Chuck Daly.

5. Era-specific NBA Playoff decals & dornas: The Jordan Challenge is teeming with life on account of small details like this. It's presumed that it takes a bit more work to carry the Jordan Challenge playoff art into other modes and courts, but I'd find to be a worthy venture.

6. Fixing up the shadow bug in create-an-arena: Right now it seems that editing an arena itself results in lighting developing a shadow effect, with players and jerseys becoming noticeable darker.

7. Continued improvement and refinement of era-specific rules: I'm loving the era-specific playstyle changes but I think it'd be fun to push things even further. Some niche era-specific rule changes I'd enjoy seeing:

-Only two free throws for fouling a 3-point shooter in the 80's and early 90's (right now it's three free throws for every era in 2K23).

-No flagrant foul calls in the 80's. The flagrant may have technically been on the books then but it was virtually never utilized because it came with a mandatory ejection and nobody wanted that. So, it was generally going to be a common foul or a tech back then. As it stands, the 80's era still has flagrants in 2K23, which come with two free throws and possession. The modern flagrant rule didn't kick in until the 1990-91 season.

-Shortened 3-point-line for a multi-year span beginning in 1994-95.

8. Authentic All-Star courts and jerseys: The way I figure, there's a few ways to achieve this goal without 2K themselves creating 40 separate all-star courts:

-Allow gamers to upload created all-star courts and/or jerseys to their Era each year.

-If nothing else, selecting a couple authentic representative all-star courts and jerseys for a given era would be better than nothing. For instance, bringing the 1988 all-star jerseys and court over from the Jordan Challenge for use during the 80's MyEra would be better than nothing.

9. Improved All-Star Weekend, with Old-Timers Game rather than Rookie Game until 1993, era-specific Shootout rules, era-specific dunk contest dunks, and the ability to practice these events outside of MyEras: With the rights to so many legends, this seems like something that could be at least somewhat half-stepped. It was a grey, pudgy Oscar Robertson running out there in real life, but I wouldn't mind a legends game with a prime-looking Oscar with some depleted attributes.

It's somewhat anachronistic to run a 3-point shootout in '86 with a Mountain Dew money ball rack. Not to mention, the controller delays to that mode drive me nuts.

I think a dunk contest has so much potential, especially if it was era- and player-specific. First, the new controls beat the heck out of the Guitar Hero thing 2K had going for years but I still think there's room to improve (and normalize the scoring system). Moreover, imagine how fun it'd be if certain era-specific participants had their actual dunks in their arsenals (Larry Nance's Go-Go Gadget dunks, J.R. Rider's Eastbay, MJ's signature FT line, etc.) It could be such an awesome mode, I swear.

10. More era-specific warmups: The Bulls' warmups are amazing. More of that would be radical.

Bonus: The ability to shatter or break backboards with specific players 1993 and prior.

I would add this :

include warm up jerseys for all classic teams (those should also change according to the era )
- include as much real coaches as possible (some coaches are already in the game ,like Gregg Poppovic but can’t not be added in the Jordan era )
- have players appearance evolving (Jordan with the goatee in 93 for example )
-include much more authentic sneakers (Nike air force ,reebok etcccc)
- socks colors when editing a player (give us the opportunity to edit the socks Color (not the one before the game ) so i won’t have to do it every time
-include Ahmad Rashad instead of David Aldridge specialty for the jordan era
- include the playoffs floor logo as well as the finals logo
-add all missing jerseys (who are already in the game )for example the 96 hawks
-add all missing floors
-give us the ability to edit the stanchion (when I create a new floor for example in the Jordan era,it’s unrealistic to have modern stachions with the league pass logo
-include the in game announcers like Ray clay but do for all teams (Chick Hearn for the 80’e for the lakers for example )
-add a top 10 of the week or of the month ,basically a short show which highlights the best plays of the month (buzzer beaters /dunk of the month etc..)
-include the jersey logos for the finals
- include all legends who are in the NBRA (to what end do you have a player license but won’t have his likeness (Oliver Miller /Jason caffey for example just to name a few)
-include the Nba on nbc theme
-correct the signature shots from legends(default small /swing and big is just not accurate and cool at all
-include signature reactions from players (magic and other the smile etc)
-include teams specifics dornas
-include all all star games jerseys
-include all all star games floors
-include year specific presentation for the all star games
-include year specific Olympic Games (84-92-96-2000 etc )
-include the game of the week segment (the knicks and the bulls on Christmas in MSG
-include ejections for brawling of fighting
-include hard fouls and flagrant fouls (year specific )
-include off seasons goals for players weaknesses
-include the mvp of the year presentation
-include (like in the Jordan challenge )footage of the city for example Lakers ,Celtics etc..)before the start of the game
-include the bloopers of the week
-include the mascots
-include the rivalries
-have Rzor update all legend faces (Jon koncak just to name a few..
-last but not least include Charles Barkley ,Reggie Miller ne Rasheed Wallace
Old 10-15-2022, 04:26 PM   #5
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

Tabloid newspaper in MyNBA-Eras where it generates rumours, news and other tidbits to make the world feel alive in that era.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2022, 05:56 PM   #6
MVP

zello144's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
Tabloid newspaper in MyNBA-Eras where it generates rumours, news and other tidbits to make the world feel alive in that era.
Same with the UI.

Give us offices and what not that look like a GMs office would look like in the 90s.

I’d also love to play with these teams in play now.

Last edited by zello144; 10-15-2022 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-15-2022, 06:17 PM   #7
MVP

MavsManiac4Life's Arena

OVR: 11

1. If 2K24 is gonna honor Kobe like 23 did MJ, add a new Mamba Era. It could start in 2008-2009, with the 2009 draft (Curry, Harden, Westbrook, DeRozan Griffin, etc.) on the way. This era is already "old school" for younger fans that came up watching the Warriors as crazy as it sounds, could attract more casual players to MyNBA.

2. The option to have accurate regular season schedules past year one for those of us that want to replicate what happened in real life.

3. Additional classic presentation options (A copycat TNT for the Kobe & Shaq era, copycat NBC for the Jordan era)

4. Additional arena music, crowd chants, etc. for each era and the correct arenas

5. Preseason games and expanded rosters from year one in all eras

6. Give all custom arena crowds generic clothing, remove the team tees all year for all eras

7. Accurate sim stats out of the box. We've got all the data for what these guys averaged, when they had the peaks and declines, etc. Why not implement it into the game?

Last edited by MavsManiac4Life; 10-15-2022 at 06:28 PM.
Old 10-16-2022, 07:42 AM   #8
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21

A nice little ‘subtle’ touch to MyEras would be to have Era Specific menu music that would only play in the era you choose.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »