Home

(PS5) Kobe Era (2002-03) Roster Set/MyNBA Upload Scenario

This is a discussion on (PS5) Kobe Era (2002-03) Roster Set/MyNBA Upload Scenario within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-16-2022, 10:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
(PS5) Kobe Era (2002-03) Roster Set/MyNBA Upload Scenario

I have taken the time to create a rough roster set for 2002-03. All player names are included with accurate contracts. All KEY MISSING PLAYERS (ie Sheed, reggie miller, Artest, cwebb, Jamaal Magloire, dale Davis, tayshaun and many more) have been created/uploaded to have proper attributes, tendencies, badges and appearance likeness.

All other missing players have “rough” attribute adjustments and tendencies (basketball reference and memory for data). The majority of these players will have appropriate skin tones, appropriate hair styles, facial hair, shooting hand but will not have appearance likeness.

I have also tested multiple MyNBA 2002-03 season run throws and set the simulation so teams shoot more threes (they were not shooting enough based on stats in 2002-03 and Field Goal Percentages were out the wahzoo because of the lack of threes).

I have edited Kobe and TMAC to try to prevent them from shooting 62 percent from the field.. they still still shoot very high percentages, but not in the 60s..

This is a pretty good roster set and it is solid enough to help with immersion until our great community creators complete their roster sets for this era.

I hope this helps some who are complete immersion freaks.

PSN: blessed2be_here
Roster: NBA 2K3 Day 1
MyNBA Upload Scenario: NBA 2K3

Last edited by jarviswise; 09-29-2022 at 11:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2022, 02:28 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: (PS5) Kobe Era (2002-03) Roster Set/MyNBA Upload Scenario

A couple more notes.. Vin Baker by default is 20 years old on the 2k roster. A friend told me this and I updated roster.

Over 40 players added that are real “likeness”,: attributes, tendencies, badges, contracts and more.

Overall total of 142 missing player info, contracts, and overall roster moves (IE: rafer added to the raptors).

I have been using the Draft Class recommendations by @KingKen.. He does a great job of laying out which classes do not have generic players in the way of the real players.

Varajao by default is 1 inch tall in 2k draft classes, so be aware of that.

Check Ken’s recommendations out here:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...eras-mode.html

The draft classes used in the MyEra Scenario is from D_Respect but with a few tweaks for my liking.

Injuries have been added to players who missed the entire season: Dalembert, mcdyess, grant hill (played 6 games in real life), Terrell Brandon, and Hakeem retired but I wanted to leave you all the option of using him.

Player Tendencies have been made to make stats more similar to 02-03.

The mynba scenario has changes to simulation: pace of play, fastbreaks, stat distribution, etc. that do a better job mimicking the the team and player stats of time period.

I want to reiterated that it is by no means perfect but I’ve been working on the roster set since launch and have put some time into it.

I hope this helps some out. I’m an immersion freak, so this is good stop gap until we have our great creators do more with the roster set.

It feels like I’m 9 years old playing Live 03 or 2K3. So all files are named that after 2k3 lol.

Old 09-18-2022, 03:55 PM   #3
Rookie

IMMERSION, IMMERSION, IMMERSION! Thats what we are all here for!

After doing a couple Chise more run throughs, I found that free agency is out of wack the first and second seasons. Why? The lack of restricted free agency. Baron Davis, Elton Brand, and Rip Hamilton (plus more) all signed with their original team (well not Rip, but you get the idea).

So to make free agency more realistic I have added rookie extension contracts to the following players: Rip, Elton Brand, Magette, Jason Terry, Baron Davis, Jamal Magloire, Artest, Mo Pete, Steve Francis, Manu, Shawn Marion and Wally Szerb.

Boozer has one additional year added to his contract, he left the Cavs after 2003-04 season.

I have also updated tendencies, some likeness, potential and attributes for the "non-key" mission players. So guys like Przbilla, Gadzeurc, Chris Wilcox, Earl Watson, Anthony Carter, Anthony Johnson, Kenny Thomas, Reggie Evans and more have been touched. Tyrone Hill's age has been adjusted as well because just like Vin Baker, 2k had him 10 years younger than they should be.

Updated to over 50 players added that are real “likeness”,: attributes, tendencies, badges, contracts and more.

Overall total of 142 missing player info, contracts, and overall roster moves (IE: rafer added to the raptors).

Again, I hope this helps some out. I’m an immersion freak, so this is good stop gap until we have our great creators do more with the roster set.

I will continue to update the roster set as needed, but will not post until/unless I do another major update to the roster set.

PS: I'm a huge Kobe fan and I know 2K made this the Kobe era, but Tim Duncan wins MVP and Finals MVP in 2003. So Tim is the highest rated player in my roster set.

Real players, real contracts, real rookie contract extensions, updates to attributes, tendencies, likeness and potential.

2003 Draft Class Used: 2003 Draft NBA 2K3
Old 09-19-2022, 03:02 PM   #4
J.L
Rookie

J.L's Arena

OVR: 0

This is perfect bro, can finally start a Kobe MyEra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2022, 04:01 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.L
This is perfect bro, can finally start a Kobe MyEra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! I will continue to update this roster set/mynba era scenario as I see fit!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2022, 02:48 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I知 playing now really appreciate it. It痴 people like you to get that bitch and want to bring joy to people like us. I知 definitely laughing and coming up with some fire Hall of Fame sliders. Just tightening up a couple things and I値l post them. But again bravo really appreciate you
Old 09-20-2022, 08:40 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justintasha1996
I知 playing now really appreciate it. It痴 people like you to get that bitch and want to bring joy to people like us. I知 definitely laughing and coming up with some fire Hall of Fame sliders. Just tightening up a couple things and I値l post them. But again bravo really appreciate you
Thanks man! I'm really into immersion and couldn't run my chase with randoms out there. Still making adjustments as I run more 2-3 season test. Want to make sure Potential is solid as the years go by.
Old 09-20-2022, 08:48 PM   #8
Rookie

Back at it again in the white vans!

I have corrected contracts from 1999 Draft, 2000 Draft, 2001 Draft, & 2002 Draft. All rookie deals should be 2+2 with the team option, but 2k did not set it up this way. So I had to follow their pattern. With that said, I've added years when needed and done rookie contract extensions when it seemed fit.

The free agent pool should be more accurate and have more correct unrestricted and restricted free agents.

I lowered all the G League players down to 65 or below. Lowering 3 point, perimeter D and other stats to help for sorting in MyNBA. (The g league players have high stats and its hard to find real nba players in the chise when sorting 3 point shot or perimeter D).

More immersion details. I have added all correct skin, hair style and facial hair for about 95% of the "other missing players." I will not be changing shots or signature style, that task is a bit too large for me.

But I wanted to make sure this roster set simulates and at least feels solid from an appearance standpoint (hence the appearance updates).

I've changed some player tendencies that should help replicate stats closer to the early 2000s.

I hope this helps with running you MyNBA Kobe Era Chise!

2003 Draft Class Used: 2003 Draft NBA 2K3

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »