Home

2K23 MyNBA

This is a discussion on 2K23 MyNBA within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2022, 03:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
2K23 MyNBA

Besides the "use old teams in MyNBA", is there anything new this year? MyNBA (franchise mode) hasn't changed in about 3 years. Using old teams is not enough of a change.... I'm tired of all the same dialogue and interactions between players and GM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2022, 04:02 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: 2K23 MyNBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersFreak
Besides the "use old teams in MyNBA", is there anything new this year? MyNBA (franchise mode) hasn't changed in about 3 years. Using old teams is not enough of a change.... I'm tired of all the same dialogue and interactions between players and GM.
Well the "Its not enough of a change" when this was something that ALOT of people either tried to replicate on PC or even asked about.

A good chunk of people are from these older eras and are overjoyed about MyNBA because there are roster creators for retro gaming and all. Its damn near a dream for some, but understandable not for you.

Since that isnt for you though... What changes would you like to see in the Mode actually if NBA Eras isnt fitting for you?
Old 09-06-2022, 04:05 PM   #3
Pro

Bexthelegend's Arena

OVR: 0

My NBA is my main mode, and I feel it's weird you don't think this is a huge change
Old 09-06-2022, 04:19 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

Yall are weird lol. What's wrong with him asking is anything new? It has been the same for years. He is not interested in MyNba Eras. Is he not allowed to ask? Just give a answer. To the op no nothings new. I was looking forward to something new also. They added finals mvp and improved player progression (yeah right) but that's all to my knowledge.

I really wish they would add more stat overlays. They been the same for years. I would like to see more of the opponents stats instead of pausing the game to look. More immersive. I'm happy for the guys that's looking forward to MyNba Eras but come on 2k you coulda added SOMETHING to the regular mode. Oh yeah they tweaked the rivals games. Suppose to be more aggressive play or something

Last edited by haloofduty; 09-06-2022 at 04:29 PM.
Old 09-06-2022, 04:29 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

I don't think they updated glitches of the D-League randoms becoming 99s.

Think the game would need to be played to see if retired becoming coaches is back in since it was taken out last I played 2k21.

Draft presentation is probably the same.

Coach hiring and trade logic probably the same.

The Era thing is nice glad people finally got something they have been begging 2k to do. The mode for me would probably be a one and done, never cared to rewrite history in games. I don't have the time to want to check to see if everything kind of matches up with what actually happen. I will mainly stick with the start today mode and work with the future if I do get the game. Need to find out if it is broken out of the box.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2022, 05:40 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeFireThoseCannons
I don't think they updated glitches of the D-League randoms becoming 99s.

Think the game would need to be played to see if retired becoming coaches is back in since it was taken out last I played 2k21.

Draft presentation is probably the same.

Coach hiring and trade logic probably the same.

The Era thing is nice glad people finally got something they have been begging 2k to do. The mode for me would probably be a one and done, never cared to rewrite history in games. I don't have the time to want to check to see if everything kind of matches up with what actually happen. I will mainly stick with the start today mode and work with the future if I do get the game. Need to find out if it is broken out of the box.

They definitely updated the GLeague glitch... well hopefully we wont see it 2k23. MyNBA Eras is def a great upgrade and understandably aint for everyone, but all we can go off of is the Courtside report. This is DEFINITELY more effort they did this year than last lol

Retired players do become coaches still? Saw Lillard become a coach in NBA 2K20 last gen?

There was a thread about what people would like in MyNBA a few weeks back but what about coach hiring? I def agree on Draft presentation too.. what do you envision there?
Old 09-06-2022, 07:12 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexthelegend
My NBA is my main mode, and I feel it's weird you don't think this is a huge change
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY_D1

Since that isnt for you though... What changes would you like to see in the Mode actually if NBA Eras isnt fitting for you?
Schedule editor
sign and trades
removal of unfunny injury notes
user control g leagues fully playable seasons
Back and forth trade mulling
Waiting for players to clear physicals
Return of player roles (starter , bench, 6th man)
Contract buyouts
Coach mode

I’ll still play a 94 knicks my era though, need revenge against Hakeem, Sam , and Kenny Smith.

Last edited by kaydigi; 09-06-2022 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-07-2022, 12:22 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by haloofduty
Yall are weird lol. What's wrong with him asking is anything new? It has been the same for years. He is not interested in MyNba Eras. Is he not allowed to ask? Just give a answer. To the op no nothings new. I was looking forward to something new also. They added finals mvp and improved player progression (yeah right) but that's all to my knowledge.

I really wish they would add more stat overlays. They been the same for years. I would like to see more of the opponents stats instead of pausing the game to look. More immersive. I'm happy for the guys that's looking forward to MyNba Eras but come on 2k you coulda added SOMETHING to the regular mode. Oh yeah they tweaked the rivals games. Suppose to be more aggressive play or something
Can you expand on the rivals thing? Are you saying they added something in MyNBA to make rival games more intense?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »