Home

Madden NFL 18 MUT Squads Bring Back Online Team Play

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 MUT Squads Bring Back Online Team Play within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-02-2017, 12:01 AM   #73
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 18 MUT Squads Bring Back Online Team Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
But they already built it for MUT, they've already invested the time in it
I was more referring to why it might not be implemented initially into regular online with default teams like its predecessor. Building it into MUT gives it the highest chance of being a successful method of playing because MUT is the most popular mode. If they had just brought back OTP in its older form it's unlikely that the outcome would be much different where less than 10% of the user base is even using it and it becomes wasted development time. At least this way it's a new and interesting way to play MUT and it also gives them a chance to draw in a new audience into the MUT realm. So it's not really all about money, but don't get me wrong it definitely doesn't hurt them one bit that the potential for new MUT users (more money) goes up with this move.

So people can be upset with its ties to MUT but there's no denying that it made the most sense for them not only from a financial standpoint but also from a practicality standpoint.
Old 06-02-2017, 12:12 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm going to respond, even though I feel it doesn't matter. I just want to put it out in the atmosphere..

MUT news means nothing to me. I haven't played the mode, outside of an initial look when it first was introduced, lasted all of 2 mins.

I actually hate the mode.
I get Madden because:
It's the only football game on the market.
To play with my favorite NFL team and the players on that team.

Not to put Barry Sanders on the Titans or Ronnie Lott on the Jaguars.
I hate that they keep putting money and effort into this mode. I know it's what the competitive and tournament crowd plays for money and what not, but it's not for me.

I'm hoping they don't skimp on other areas for MUT.

MUT for me is useless.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:00 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic52
I'm going to respond, even though I feel it doesn't matter. I just want to put it out in the atmosphere..

MUT news means nothing to me. I haven't played the mode, outside of an initial look when it first was introduced, lasted all of 2 mins.

I actually hate the mode.
I get Madden because:
It's the only football game on the market.
To play with my favorite NFL team and the players on that team.

Not to put Barry Sanders on the Titans or Ronnie Lott on the Jaguars.
I hate that they keep putting money and effort into this mode. I know it's what the competitive and tournament crowd plays for money and what not, but it's not for me.

I'm hoping they don't skimp on other areas for MUT.

MUT for me is useless.
As others have previously put out, MUT is one of those gamemodes that is really about nostalgia.

Madden has yet to effectively illustrate differences between player types and this is most evident when playing MUT where "legends" with distinct skill types are nearly impossible to differentiate when you watch them in action.

So outside of pulling a card for some player I grew up watching and thinking about those awesome memories, the ROI on MUT is still a painfully casual experience that is dependent on the amount of $ or time the user wants to invest into the product, neither of which (imo) are really worth it.

If I'm going to grind in any game, it will be 2K because it's actually worth it. I'm not about to deal with Madden's continuing legacy of issues for some absurd amount of time just so my team is competitive with any friends I play with online.

Incredibly disappointing and unfortunate that this feature was brought back in this form. I was really hoping to pick the title up early this year but it's just not worth the headache. The gameplay is not rewarding enough. Once again I will have to wait for a price drop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2017, 11:46 AM   #76
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
What exactly did they revamp? Just because they said it on the back of the box doesn't mean they did. You can bring guys back from injury a week or 2 early, and you can set your own season goal. So revamped......
Every single change Tiburon made to make the mode last year - Big Decisions, Play The Moments, Weekly Training, and others - was explicitly designer to make the mode more playable for the average gamer and to reduce the game's steep learning curve. Those usability changes were clearly successful as they were responsible for the 100% usage increase Rex Dickson referred to in his interview earlier this week.

Just because the changes weren't tailored to you personally doesn't mean they didn't happen.
Old 06-02-2017, 01:28 PM   #77
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Every single change Tiburon made to make the mode last year - Big Decisions, Play The Moments, Weekly Training, and others - was explicitly designer to make the mode more playable for the average gamer and to reduce the game's steep learning curve. Those usability changes were clearly successful as they were responsible for the 100% usage increase Rex Dickson referred to in his interview earlier this week.

Just because the changes weren't tailored to you personally doesn't mean they didn't happen.
This might be the biggest hurdle the developers have to overcome, and it doesn't appear to be unique to Madden.
Old 06-02-2017, 01:29 PM   #78
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

LOL of course, but none of those thing were part of community wishlists that have gone basically untouched for the past 10 years. I can still go play a deeper Franchise mode in Madden 06 on the original Xbox with team morale, chemistry, holdouts, Training camp, position battles, uniform creation, etc. So yes, for EA to talk about a "revamped" franchise mode, when all they did was streamline some menus and add quickplay, is a joke.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 06-02-2017, 01:43 PM   #79
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
LOL of course, but none of those thing were part of community wishlists that have gone basically untouched for the past 10 years.
They didn't need to be community wish list items to make the mode better. Gamers often don't know what they actually want, especially sports gamers, and the overwhelmingly positive reception of last year's changes to franchise are proof positive of that. No one was asking for them, but everyone loved them.

Quote:
I can still go play a deeper Franchise mode in Madden 06 on the original Xbox with team morale, chemistry, holdouts, Training camp, position battles, uniform creation, etc. So yes, for EA to talk about a "revamped" franchise mode, when all they did was streamline some menus and add quickplay, is a joke.
None of that depth means anything if no one is actually playing the mode. And that doesn't even begin to address the features themselves and if they were actually any good, which I will argue they weren't, but that's a story for another time.

I also know for a fact that the Tiburon team doesn't ignore community wish lists. If we were to go back through the years we could find the items in the mode which are in the game specifically because the community asked for them, but that's not an exercise I have time to do right now. Off the top of my head, practice squads and the draft watch list got into the game specifically because we asked for those things.
Old 06-02-2017, 01:46 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
They didn't need to be community wish list items to make the mode better. Gamers often don't know what they actually want, especially sports gamers, and the overwhelmingly positive reception of last year's changes to franchise are proof positive of that. No one was asking for them, but everyone loved them.

None of that depth means anything if no one is actually playing the mode. And that doesn't even begin to address the features themselves and if they were actually any good, which I will argue they weren't, but that's a story for another time.

I also know for a fact that the Tiburon team doesn't ignore community wish lists. If we were to go back through the years we could find the items in the mode which are in the game specifically because the community asked for them, but that's not an exercise I have time to do right now. Off the top of my head, practice squads and the draft watch list got into the game specifically because we asked for those things.

Wasn't the watchlist put in like 2-3 weeks before the game went gold? Also formation subs was put into that as well. And that was put in the day 1 patch.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »