Home

New NBA 2K17 Patch: Expanded Dev Notes

This is a discussion on New NBA 2K17 Patch: Expanded Dev Notes within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-07-2017, 01:32 PM   #17
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New NBA 2K17 Patch: Expanded Dev Notes

Czar will the improved off-ball collisions also affect the defensive end, so defenders won't lose position in the paint and give up easy points?
Old 04-07-2017, 01:52 PM   #18
Banned

@Da_Czar or anyone - I liked the logic where JR Smith goes to double-team and Love moves over from the weak side to cover the paint leaving his man on the 3pt line - forcing the longest pass. HOWEVER, if we set Deny on the player in the corner, will Love still make that rotation? Will this rotation only happen with ACE turned on?
Old 04-07-2017, 02:18 PM   #19
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Also quick note just located a copy paste error with the tendencies. The last couple teams tendencies are off by a player or two. Will get this corrected as soon as possible. Hopefully in tomorrows update but if not soon after. We are aware that tendencies fro OKC down are a little off. Will be fixed in an update.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 04-07-2017, 02:24 PM   #20

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS130988
@Da_Czar or anyone - I liked the logic where JR Smith goes to double-team and Love moves over from the weak side to cover the paint leaving his man on the 3pt line - forcing the longest pass. HOWEVER, if we set Deny on the player in the corner, will Love still make that rotation? Will this rotation only happen with ACE turned on?
Great question the answer depends on how your defensive settings are setup. Deny alone doesn't stop guys from helping off a player. When we gave you expanded choices on the defensive end it put the onus on you to change the help and screen help rules to NO HELP.

If you do that on the man in the corner they will not help no matter what. BUT if you call for a double team and you restrict a rotation player you create a situation where depending on alignment you force the AI to double from the strong side.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 04-07-2017, 02:26 PM   #21
Pro

Great stuff as always Czar. Will check it out and give feedback when i get home. SimNation
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2017, 02:38 PM   #22
Just started!

Czar do your new tendencies include the problem with big men stopping at the three point line on fast breaks?
Old 04-07-2017, 02:48 PM   #23

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Great question the answer depends on how your defensive settings are setup. Deny alone doesn't stop guys from helping off a player. When we gave you expanded choices on the defensive end it put the onus on you to change the help and screen help rules to NO HELP.

If you do that on the man in the corner they will not help no matter what. BUT if you call for a double team and you restrict a rotation player you create a situation where depending on alignment you force the AI to double from the strong side.
Just did this based on your question.

https://youtu.be/skoqR3VLSHc
Old 04-07-2017, 02:51 PM   #24

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupco
Czar do your new tendencies include the problem with big men stopping at the three point line on fast breaks?
I don't think so. You would have to show me a video so I can see what you are talking about and then tell me what you are looking for. Do you want all 5 guys running into the paint ? Both bigs running tot he rim ? Is rhe FB just stopping to early ? Is there a numbers advantage ? Lots of factors I would need to see a few examples.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »