Home

MLB The Show 17's Offline Franchise Offers a Slight Upgrade

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17's Offline Franchise Offers a Slight Upgrade within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-05-2017, 05:20 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB The Show 17's Offline Franchise Offers a Slight Upgrade

While we wait for the The Show servers to continue to stabilize, it’s at least comforting to know there are some game modes where you don’t have to worry about games freezing or being sent to the queue to potentially be lost forever. One of these modes is an updated offline franchise mode that, as usual, has not received quite the amount of attention from the developers as the more lucrative and increasingly popular Diamond Dynasty mode that is keeping all of those servers overworked. However, that doesn’t mean that franchises have been completely ignored this year.

When it comes time to play what can be an intimidatingly long baseball season, The Show has given you a few ways to help you work your way through your team’s calendar. Naturally, you can just choose to play the full 9 innings for the entirety of your 162 games, but going that route will likely take you right up until the release of MLB The Show 18. So it may seem a little funny to say that one of the biggest changes to franchise mode this year is a feature that will actually keep you from playing more of the game itself, but that’s the truth when it comes to the The Show’s new quick manage option.

Read More - MLB The Show 17's Offline Franchise Offers a Slight Upgrade
Platform: PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2017, 05:48 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MLB The Show 17's Offline Franchise Offers a Slight Upgrade

I bet you guys are tired of hearing me fanboy the Show to death, but this is the one aspect of the game I really want to see expanded and am most critical of. Give me options galore and I might just retire from work at an early age and play the Show 24/7/365. I like the quirks that were added this year and I'm glad batter tendency is editable but if I could just get custom inter-league schedules, or even completely turn off inter-league games, well I'd probably never shut up how great franchise is. I havent really felt rushed enough to do quick manage or crit sit yet in my current season, though I have give ita whirl in a few play now games, and when I do eventually need it, it will be nice to have that option. When I do retire for real, I'm gonna want those 90 man rosters increased to 125, but SDS gots plenty time 'cause I dont plan to retire until MLB The Show 2040 launches.
Where's the CountDown Thread for that, link please?

A Work in Progress

Last edited by Caulfield; 04-05-2017 at 05:50 PM.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:49 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Franchise mode in MLB the show is miles and miles ahead of the other games I play, EA's FIFA and NHL.
Old 04-05-2017, 06:01 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0
"Revamped scouting system"? It's exactly the same as last year
Old 04-05-2017, 06:48 PM   #5
Pro

wisdom less13's Arena

OVR: 10
I already have damn near a day and a half out in on my carry over franchise. Love the mode. Can it improve? Sure. I'm not going to bitch about what should our shouldn't be in it. Franchise is the jam in my book...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2017, 07:11 PM   #6
Rookie

porkys8077's Arena

OVR: 4

I like the Franchise mode in MLB the Show this. Some people like it and some don't. That's just the way it is.
Old 04-05-2017, 07:32 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkys8077
I like the Franchise mode in MLB the Show this. Some people like it and some don't. That's just the way it is.
I disagree.

Some people don't like it and some do.
THAT'S the way it is.

A Work in Progress
Old 04-05-2017, 08:49 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4
It's fine. It gets the job done. Problem is they laid the groundwork for it being fine almost 10 years ago and have changed very little since then. They already have create a team in DD, so how hard could it be to be able to have a create a team mode in franchise? We all know why that won't happen. Same reason next year we will probably get create a stadium....only in diamond dynasty. It is what it is. Makes it easier on me to only have to buy every couple of years instead of every year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »