Home

Madden NFL 17 Review (Xbox One)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Review (Xbox One) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-18-2016, 09:10 AM   #65
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Poor, binary player interaction. You mentioned the pocket, but left out the lacking dynamics. It's still basically win or lose. I'm not seeing pockets collapse, for example. And DEs still get up field way too slow.

Despite gap assignments, contain is almost non-existant. One of the hardest things to do in the NFL is to take the corner. I'm seeing this happen regularly in vids I'm watching. Stretches & tosses still look like the go to run play. And QBs still escape the pocket too easily. When there is contain, it's only because the d-linemen or OLB disengaged. They can't maintain outside leverage while engaged. Very binary.

Despite the emphasis on special teams, still no gunner interaction. In the NFL, those guys try to engage the gunner asap and keep him from getting up field. In Madden, blocker(s) turn, run and set up blocks near the returner.

More special teams, the o-line on field goals are still pass blocking instead of the bend don't break style used in the NFL. I'm sure there's some things I won't notice in a vid, but the only special teams improvements I see are a new kick meter and designated punt/FG blockers.

Footwork is still poor. Still no tiered defensive play calling. A lot of stiff animations that standout against the newer ones. Defensive matchups? No huddle / hurry offense differentiation, and players still get to the LOS too fast. No short yardage blocking animations. No special teams depth chart? No SOLB/WOLB or SS/FS alignment. I'm going to stop before I turn this into my wishlist.
(Drops mic)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2016, 09:32 AM   #66
Rookie

Ruben2424's Arena

OVR: 0
Nice! Can't wait to pick up my copy!
Old 08-18-2016, 09:55 AM   #67
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 17 Review (Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by life4eva
HORRIBLEHORRIBLEHORRIBLEHORRIBLEHORRIBLEHORRIBLEHO RRIBLEHORRIBLEHORRIBLEHORRIBLEHORRIBLEHORRIBLEHORR IBLEHORRIBLEHORRIBLEHORRIBLEHORRIBLEHORRIBLEHORRIB LE

GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe how H O R R I B L E this game is....... My FAVORITE aspect of a Football game is the running game, never in my life have I seen such poor line blocking and disgusting suction blocking and warp tackling.

This about a game like NFL2k where you have PROPER line blocking and when running through cuts your ball carrier will get "skinny" and push off of lineman. In Madden you press a button but it does;t really work and you're constantly running into the back of your lineman.

Also let say on a pitch play your receiver will just run up the field after engaged with a cb, like honestly this is like the worst AI I've seen. Then when you finally do break a long run it makes no sense......

Every year I try to give Madden a chance and they never fix the horrible blocking, running game and just overall gameplay. It's a ZOO out there.........

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NFL allow other developers to have a chance at the license again. Madden imo is a HORRIBLE video game.... I played like 3 games and deleted off of my Xbox One.

Also the commentary is poor.....

The only thing I can think is the graphics look nice, but everything else imho doesn't work at all. I would even go so far as saying that the game is BROKEN. On a SWEEp play imagine having to blocker for you and they both run right past a defender...... I mean it's like WTF........

End Rant

Commentary is poor(gives no reason why)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by jpdavis82; 08-18-2016 at 10:02 AM.
Old 08-18-2016, 10:39 AM   #68
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 17 Review (Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
this is what i want to know, before I buy. no mention of improved penalty calls leading up to the game or in the review.
Not the reviewer but I've played 5 hours of my EA Access trial so far and I don't think I've seen one penalty called other than maybe a false start.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 08-18-2016, 10:43 AM   #69
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 17 Review (Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Commentary is poor(gives no reason why)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not who you quoted and I don't have really any of the issues that he has, but I will mention the commentary itself is much better. It's newer (obviously), feels fresh, more attentive to detail IMO from what I've seen so far, and just feels more fitting to the game.

With that being said, I cannot stand Brandon Gaudin's voice, it's nitpicking but it's really hard to listen to sometimes.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 08-18-2016, 12:57 PM   #70
Rookie

VonRye's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Good review.

"Running backs will also occasionally run right into their offensive linemen and fall over, as if they hit an oncoming truck." This problem has been happening ever since they introduced the Infinity engine SMH. Why are we still dealing with wonky physics 4 years later? Come on EA! Ugh
They're just trying to make sure Trent Richardson's normal running style is replicated in the game.
Old 08-18-2016, 01:53 PM   #71
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23
Disappointed about the quarterbacks as mentioned but not enough to go against all the positives this review stated. I'm looking forward to picking this one up next week. Thanks for the fast review, guys. Guess my Show dynasty needs to find a resting point after the weekend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2016, 03:06 PM   #72
eco
Rookie

i hope a patch to improve qb performance, because qb is heart of american footbal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »