Home

NBA 2K16: MyTeam's Charms Fade Away

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16: MyTeam's Charms Fade Away within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-11-2016, 04:44 PM   #9
Rookie

MoultonHawk's Arena

OVR: 1
It's also annoying when you're working and all the unemployed, it jids are opening timely packs mid day and getting the ultimate rewards and posting on Twitter one after the other. Time of day shouldn't matter. Ronnie 2K used to give out codes for,My Team, again time of day shouldn"t matter. Why punish the working and reward the kids and the unemployed ? Haha. I've just started to open packs recently. I only bother with the Curry packs, everything else I've earned through gaunlet, and card collecting rewards. Play Gauntlet article guy.
Old 03-11-2016, 06:15 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 5
This mode is a joke. If you want more money put more classic teams in there for purchase or the ability to edit leagues, teams, so we can play throwback franchises or MyGM. Just a money grab
Old 03-11-2016, 07:16 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16: MyTeam's Charms Fade Away

As the charm fades away... the pack odds go up! and the VC is spent. And life goes on for 2k stockholders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2016, 07:21 PM   #12
Rookie

here was the rest of my day on nba 2k16 ps4 myteam around 4 or 5 people quit on me in a row i had about 2000 mt to start before i ever played one game....by the end i have like 500 mt because if someone quits on you in the first minute or quarter...you end up losing mt because you only get what you make in a game so i ended up unable to play anymore games...i never got to earn any and had to pay for contracts..
Old 03-12-2016, 06:44 AM   #13
Rookie

I think the essential point of FUT/MUT/MyTeam is that its gambling. Think about it. You spend $$ on a pack to get someone good, you buy just one more, just one more to get 'that guy'. Its gambling pure and simple and its targeting children. I refuse to take part in these modes. Forget about DFS, this is a real issue.
Old 03-12-2016, 06:59 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 13

Man this article has come at the perfect time, I've just given up on my team mode. I can't get decent cards, I can't win with the game play the way it is, I can't beat terrible players because 2K seems to be aimed towards letting them win. Im sure I'm getting beaten by a bunch of 13 year olds who have bought the best players or been lucky and I'm an accomplished old 2K player who's been at this series since the start. I can win on any mode but myteam.

Im sick of the VC and MT situation. You can't be good unless you're rich. This mode has nothing to do with skill.

They need to get rid of this money system. I know it's making them money now but a lot of complaints are surfacing now and it will only take a few more years max before people start to really go elsewhere and the 2K company will be screwed as Noone will buy the game. You can only fool people for so long.
Old 03-12-2016, 07:00 AM   #15
Banned

BTW do you guys advise using MT to buy packs? I can't seem to save enough up to buy decent players and I seem to be stuck on the same amount as contracts cost as much as I make.

I never normally spend it as I know you should just go to the auction block but I can't afford anything there anyway!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2016, 07:31 AM   #16
Banned

I see people saying to stop complaining because you can grind and work at it etc.

You shouldn't have to GRIND at a computer game like that. Some of us have to work and just want to enjoy the game on weekends or some evenings.

"You can get reward amethysts from playing challenges"...how many damn games do you have to play? 5 games to get one trash rewards. Then 5 games using that trash reward to get another one. Do this about 5 times and you get an amethyst. It would take probably 3 weekends to do that. And then that player isn't even competitive against the diamonds that kids are buying in that time.

The problem is people accepting this and saying it's OK. You shouldn't have to spent hundreds of dollars or hundreds of hours to get one slight reward.

I agree that nothing should come for free without being earned, but I think that 2Ks definition of "earning" is too extreme.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »