Home

Which Sports Game Had the Best Soundtrack? (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on Which Sports Game Had the Best Soundtrack? (Roundtable) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-10-2016, 04:32 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Which Sports Game Had the Best Soundtrack? (Roundtable)

Some of my personal favorite sports game soundtracks and my most fondly remembered songs from them:

- Madden NFL 2004: "Feeling This" by blink-182, "Way Away" by Yellowcard, "Give Up The Grudge" by Gob, "Back in the Mud" by Bubba Sparxxxx, "Crashing" by Unloco
-Madden NFL 2005: "Alive and Amplified" by the Mooney Suzuki, "Give it Up" by Midtown, "Same Direction" by Hoobastank
-Madden NFL 08: "3's and 7's" by Queens of the Stone Age, "Countdown" by Jupiter One, "Fighting" by Yellowcard, "Watcha Got" by Brother Ali, "Believe" by the Bravery, "Tick Tick Boom" by the Hives, "Underclass Hero" by Sum 41
-Madden NFL 12: "Colours" by Grouplove, "That Ain't Classy" by Classified, "Make Some Noise" by the Beastie Boys, "Bridge Burning" by the Foo Fighters
-Madden NFL 16: "Heavydirtysoul" by twenty one pilots, "Can't Feel My Face" by The Weeknd, "Sirens" by Lee Brice, "Automatic" by Don Braco

-MVP Baseball 2004: "C'mon, C'mon" by the Von Bondies, "Splitting Games" by Snow Patrol, "Please" by Maxeen, "Time & Time Again" by Chronic Future
-The entirety of the MVP Baseball 2005 soundtrack
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions
Old 03-10-2016, 05:37 AM   #10
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

NBA 2k14.
With Imagine Dragons, Eminem and Phil Collins with the best drum solo ever, this is by far my favorite
Old 03-10-2016, 11:05 AM   #11
Rookie

vinaa23's Arena

Fifa 07 is my all time favorite by far. Supermassive Blackhole, Sewn, Oh My, Sie ist in mich verliebt, Uh-Oh Hello, Civil Sin, Tive Razão... a lot of musics from it are still on my iPod to this day.

Also, Tahiti 80's "Big day" (mentioned in the article) actually is from Fifa 07, not fifa 08
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2016, 08:48 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3
Jayson Young, I agree with you wholeheartedly, but for a different reason: I burn-out on the music in less than two weeks. This has happened every year since 2K went mainstream and has contracted music curators for song lists. Old 2K was easier to listen to because the music was “undiscovered” and I usually only heard it on 2K. And, music wasn't attached to commentary the way it is currently: If I turn music off currently then my game has no game commentary or half-time commentary. I'm still playing College Hoops: I can turn music off and other sound is not affected.

In the past, trying to stream music from my PC to the Xbox 360 did not work well for NBA 2K; I don't know if that's an option on Xbox One. However, my burn-out would be solved with an MP3 player or streaming through Pandora.

The curations are not bad just repetitive: I can't listen to Pharell or anybody much after their overexposure on 2K.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:20 PM   #13
Rookie

masterchaoss's Arena

2k11, it felt the most unique to me.
Old 03-12-2016, 10:44 PM   #14
Rookie

NBA 2k10 Soundtrack..
Ace Hood- Top of the World
Matisyahu- One Day
Kanye- Amazing
K'naan- Waving Flag
Some great songs!
Old 03-13-2016, 04:55 AM   #15
Just started!

Definitely Tony Hawk 1 - 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2016, 10:43 AM   #16
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Going to show my age a bit here....

My favorite sports game soundtrack was from Front Page Sports Baseball Pro '96. All of the songs were baseball-centric and were so much fun listening to in the hours I spent managing my roster and going through the season.

I wish I could remember all the tracks on that game, but this is the one I will never forget:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWKA9Zi5-_Y

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »