Home

NBA 2K16's Latest Shooting Update Has Made 3-Pointers Too Easy in Pro-Am

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16's Latest Shooting Update Has Made 3-Pointers Too Easy in Pro-Am within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-03-2016, 02:39 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16's Latest Shooting Update Has Made 3-Pointers Too Easy in Pro-Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by riichiieriich
They tweaked the shooting again. It's no longer easy to get greens from 3-point range. It's much more rare but it can be done. Almost in between how it was a week ago and how it was over the weekend.
It is ridiculous that only meta players who play this game daily are the only ones to understand and notice tweeks to shooting done without letting anybody else know.

Why can't it be so difficult for a patch log, whenever major tweaks are made to gameplay. Not much, just a little date/time log...

"3/2: Upped 3pt open ... 5%. Fixed a few defensive animations... etc"
Old 03-03-2016, 02:39 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 8

Why can't we go back to the NBA 2k11/12 style of shooting? Where each release was different and unique in terms of timing, and most importantly didn't guarantee/near guarantee any shot going in. This shot meter is so arcade and symbolises 90% of 2ks philosophy since 2010.
Old 03-03-2016, 03:20 AM   #19
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

I promise you I am not exaggerating. And I am not saying overall but wide open 3s is definitely easier than Patch #4 in 2K15. I mean greens from 3 is the easiest it's ever been as far as having a open look.

Played about 10 games and every 3 was green besides one where I tried to step closer to the line. It's honestly like I am playing on rookie or pro as far as shooting.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 03-03-2016, 05:03 AM   #20
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Before I decided to get off, I decided to go in a few games just shooting 3s. All the games before this (10 games), all my shot but one from 3 was green.

During the time I started recording, they wasn't all greens but believe me it was good 9/10 while taking some shots I consider not high %. I know some people will find an excuse for anything. But this is the easiest shooting I've ever seen on 2K. Just pertaining to being able to get a somewhat open shot off.

Here is a few vids of me just shooting when I felt I could get one off. No lie but I believe out of all the ones I took, I only missed one. Couldn't do it as much as I wanted because of randoms. But I'll try to get more footage tomorrow:

Long post so I'll spoiler it.

Spoiler

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

Last edited by Jrocc23; 03-03-2016 at 06:23 PM.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:23 AM   #21
Pro

XxSpiritHunterX's Arena

I figured something was wrong the day I woke up and saw a bunch of greens from behind the 3-line with an 85 shooter (his shot already gave me green releases when I was testing him months ago, but it was consistent that day). Same day, I played all-star team up with Anthony Davis and they gave me a wide open 3. Irish Spring Green.

As happy as I was making a green from the wing, a part of me said, this is not good. And long behold, it wasn't.

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk

Last edited by XxSpiritHunterX; 03-03-2016 at 07:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2016, 08:00 AM   #22
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

This is a screenshot of my buddy scoring 21 points off 3s - 7 for 10 all 3pt attempts. The opponent and matchup were admittedly terribly lacking in skill universally.

While he is a 6'1" Outside SG using one of the money releases "22": his success was still laughable lol. There have been numeral games (it gets repetitive) where he is simply cashing out on 3 after 3. It's not like he's playing any differently but his boldness and confidence is definitely juiced since the recent tweak was introduced.

I'll consider this an experiment for now and expect shot success to be further tweaked in the imminent future. If to my surprise it's not: I'll be fine - I'll just continue to be a relentless defender. It is going to get old quick though and is already starting to feel cheap.

Too much honey can make you sick and in this case: these greens aren't vegetable greens lol more like green jolly ranchers that stimulate and excite as they raise your sugar levels lol

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 03-03-2016, 10:00 AM   #23
Rookie

ItsJustaGame's Arena

Wide open shots should have a relatively easy green release. Shots contested or well-contested should be a lot tougher and shouldn't drop nearly as much, and they don't.

Shooting is fine the way it is, there are just tons of players who either can't or don't play any defense. Those dudes should be dropped-off. If you're a good player, and you're playing against a good opponent, those green releases will be a lot fewer and far between.

Reducing perfect releases gives average players more room for error on defense and less of a chance ever hitting shots consistently on offense. If 2K turns back the dial on perfect releases, expect to see a much larger percentage of players (especially on OS) complaining that they can't hit water if they fell out of a boat.
Coffee_RoCK
The Next Level
PS4
Old 03-03-2016, 10:05 AM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Mike said the shooting was changed in every mode. I haven't played MyCareer in a few weeks but I am pretty sure the CPU 3 point shot might be going in more. I hope it's wrong though, CPU already made too many 3s beforehand.

I agree. Please leave the midranges alone. Period.

I just wish Mike will just settle w/ something. Soon as you get used to something it'll be changed again. Either change it back to what it was or just leave it this way instead of trying something else. I prefer the previous but it's whatever.
Thats my beef this shole time. Make it 90% or 10% or anywhere between but just pick a % and leave it alone.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »