Home

Shared Universes Could Link WWE 2K to Its Past

This is a discussion on Shared Universes Could Link WWE 2K to Its Past within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-16-2016, 10:46 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Shared Universes Could Link WWE 2K to Its Past

If you're reading this right now, you're probably like me; you grew up watching professional wrestling in your youth, and whether or not you still watch wrestling today (I do not), you're likely familiar with the WWE 2K series. 2K16 has been a solid performer this year, having been a top-five seller during the month of its October release, and it is a game I purchased and have been quite happy with this year.

But this article is not a review, and it's not trying to convince you to go out and buy WWE 2K16. Instead, it will discuss a concept 2K should consider in order to tap into an audience the studio may have lost touch with over the years.

Read More - Shared Universes Could Link WWE 2K to Its Past
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2016, 12:02 PM   #2
Pro

Runne130's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Shared Universes Could Link WWE 2K to Its Past

great article, this along with the inclusion of multiple universe save slots could make for a great time with the game
Old 02-16-2016, 01:53 PM   #3
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runne130
great article, this along with the inclusion of multiple universe save slots could make for a great time with the game
This guy knows what I'm talking about. It absolutely KILLS me that you can't save separate Universes. Every year I make a classic, late 80s/early90s Universe, consisting of both WWF and my beloved WCW stars from that era. It's incredible.

That being said, while I don't watch current wrestling all that much, it still sucks that I can't have a separate Universe for current day WWE, NXT, Impact, even NJPW. I'm assuming I could do so by creating a different profile, but I'd have to pay twice for the DLC if I wanted to use it in both, right? Either way it would suck to have to sign in and out of profiles for something like that. If I can have different seasons or franchises saved in sports games, what's the difference?

C'mon 2k, this one's gotta be an easy fix, right?
Old 02-16-2016, 05:01 PM   #4
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
Excellent ideas in this article. I don't really watch current wrestling either so this one strikes a real chord with me.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:15 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
I have yet to buy wwe2k16 cause im hoping for a PC and i will not buy another console ever again.

But this article, a lot of people share this opinion.I'm all for adding new things to be able to share via community creations.We need more classic things, but I dont mind how it is geared towards the current guys, just as long as i can remove them and replace and create!

As far WWE 2k17, there is 2 things that I have been wanting forever in a WWE game.
1.Custom AI, much like the fire pro series.Each year I can spend hours and hours creating my looks/moves/ring entrance/outfits of a wrestler in WWE games,But they never ACT like them in the ring, if there is one thing I would add over all overs it is this.

2.What is up with the wrestler limit in the ring at once? Like since 1993 the limit has stayed the same in WWE games at 6 max.Sure some games may have a tad more, but never the WWE games have tried to make an effort to increase it.I know graphics are important, but I know they can reduce them to allow more in the ring at once.You can never have true battle royal with 6 guys limit, and battle royals have been in wrestling longer than the WWE, its sad it gets over looked as well as other matches like classic survivor series matches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2016, 02:39 AM   #6
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
I've actually posted this idea more or less on the 2k forums, where they have sort of a wishlist section that the developers can pile up, but my idea was sharing rosters, you basically did that on steroids lol.
Old 02-17-2016, 06:27 AM   #7
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Would definitely be awesome.

What I want more than anything though is an option for randomly generated wrestlers. It'd be cool to wrestlers eventually retire from your Universe and have new rookies come in like in all the other sports games.
Old 02-17-2016, 01:22 PM   #8
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Thanks for the kind words and support, folks.

@eaterofworlds888, that would be another cool feature with wrestlers retiring, etc. I've never played into a universe long enough to see how that currently plays out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »