Home

NBA Live 15 Shows Improvement Across the Board This Season (PS4/XB1 Review)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Shows Improvement Across the Board This Season (PS4/XB1 Review) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-31-2014, 06:57 PM   #17
Banned

Nabz's Arena

OVR: 2
I honestly just got tired of one game choice for ball every year, so I decided to get live 15, it's the kinda game you can have alootta fun with.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:59 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3
How do you get the play visuals to show up in this game?!
Old 10-31-2014, 07:08 PM   #19
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA Live 15 Shows Improvement Across the Board This Season (PS4/XB1 Review)

You have to manually call a play. Hold Left, Up or Right on the D-Pad and choose a play. Play art will show if you have the visuals turned on in your settings. It will not show during regular automotion.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:32 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3
Auto motion is on, but when I manually call a play, it doesn't show up. Does auto motion have to be off for a manual play's visuals to show up? It's a shame that I have to ask this question.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:01 PM   #21
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

No, it should show as long as you have the play art set to on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2014, 08:30 PM   #22
Rookie

RdubYa's Arena

OVR: 0
I have been on the fence about purchasing this. I already own 2k15, and I really enjoy it - when I can play. Being an offline 2k player mostly I rolled the dice getting it this year thinking they would have at least learned something from the server issues last year. Suffice to say, they did not, and again I am left debating if I even want to commit to trying to play a game, because if the servers are down and I can't play my OFFLINE game I just get angry.

After playing the demo, Live isn't perfect, but perhaps it is passable enough that I can do what I intended from the beginning. Play an offline game and have some fun without having to worry about the status of the servers.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:57 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 0

Good review...fair points made.

Not sure about the unstoppable point guards.....set your D properly and you can stop elite guys penetration and really open up the cpu's game. It is very nice when it starts flowing.

6.5 is fairer though imo...and the key point is that if the big updates keep coming, it may well be a very good game by Christmas. It could be a 7.5 type game by the end of this year....which would be a massive step forward.

I am really enjoying it.

Last edited by Walt Frazier; 10-31-2014 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:05 PM   #24
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
I'd agree with this statement based on my time with the demo. While playing I couldn't help but think that me n my friends would have a blast playing. I understand that there are people disappointed and underwhelmed but in comparison to this series recent history this game is miles better.

it is simply unfair to compare or expect this game to be at the same quality as "the other game". We are talking about one game that has been continually improved over the past 15 years or so and another game that has essentially been rebuilt over the past two years. It would be like expecting a undeveloped 2 year player to play as well as a 15 year allstar. There is an enjoyable and fun game here if the game isn't looked at critically or cynically.
I don't think it's unfair at all to compare or expect Live to be at the quality of 2K. It's not like 2K bought an exclusive license for several years and forced Live out of the market. The failures of Live are completely on EA and the development teams they put on the title.

Cynicism serves no real purpose here, but the game should absolutely be looked at with a very critical eye. This isn't some indie developer working out of a garage with one or two computers. This is Electronic Arts. They've been making basketball games for over 30 years. They should be held to the highest standard.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »