Home

Who is Better to Play With in FIFA: Ronaldo or Messi?

This is a discussion on Who is Better to Play With in FIFA: Ronaldo or Messi? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Who is Better to Play With in FIFA: Ronaldo or Messi?

It’s one question football fans have debated million times over in pubs across the world: Messi or Ronaldo?

One is held up as the bright light of the sport, conducting himself with class and dignity against the increasing tide of cynicism in the sport — diving, haranguing referees and transfer demands if players don’t like their manager, their teammates, or their tealady. Leo Messi is, of course, above all that, plying his trade quietly and shunning controversy in the Camp Nou. And it’s not like there’s a need to be loud — his skills do all the talking he needs anyway. Slipping by defenders, picking passes, and calmly slotting balls into the corner of the net.

Read More - Who is Better to Play With in FIFA: Ronaldo or Messi?
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #2
Rookie

StickSkillz's Arena

OVR: 0
I say Ronaldo because
1. Ronaldo is stronger than Messi
2. There skills are pretty much even besides strength
Old 05-15-2012, 04:31 PM   #3
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4
agreed with almost all of your thoughts except the beginning where you tried to drive home the idea that Messi doesn't dive... he plays for the biggest bunch of actors on the planet. don't get me wrong CR7 drives ppl crazy and while I'm a Real Madrid fan I don't try to hide the fact that RM does their part in the theatrics but you don't see RM fans trying to put a CR7 above it. yes Messi has been known to fight through physical play but he also shows that Barca flair as diving 101 masters, don't forget Messi also shows his class by firing a ball at RM fans less than 10 feet away last year.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
All this post is going to do is bring out the Barca fans who will insult Real fans and vice versa.
BTW, I'm a Barca supporter so I do have my pick but like most pundits, let's wait until one of them lifts the World Cup in order to crown a victor.

But, considering they play different positions, it would be dangerous to play with both on the same club.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #5
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Who is Better to Play With in FIFA: Ronaldo or Messi?

No doubt they're both world class talents but Messi has Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas, et al, to play with, whereas Ronaldo only really has Xabi Alonso as a world class talent IMO. But it's very hard to separate them, though I do prefer to watch Messi.
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #6
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
I'll take Messi
Old 05-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2
@UK0wnag3
Way to piss on Mesut Oezil, Karim Benzema, Angel Di Maria, and Gonazlo Higuain
Old 05-15-2012, 09:53 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Who is Better to Play With in FIFA: Ronaldo or Messi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK0wnag3
No doubt they're both world class talents but Messi has Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas, et al, to play with, whereas Ronaldo only really has Xabi Alonso as a world class talent IMO. But it's very hard to separate them, though I do prefer to watch Messi.
LOL, you obviously don't watch soccer...

higuian and benzema? does madrid not have the best goalie in the world in casillas?

...and again, the QUESTION is who is better to play in the GAME, not real life. ronaldo is faster than messi, and his shots are better as well. ronaldo wins! (coming from a messi fan)

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »