View Single Post
Old 05-06-2024, 03:04 PM   #13
GoDucks1224
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is there Enough of a Want for a College Baseball game from SDS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbone Walker
College baseball should be a thousand times more popular than it is. What is coverage like in the states? Do they play highlights on Sport Centre? I'm in Canada and we get NOTHING. I have to watch the 15 minute recaps on Youtube if I want to see anything (or find a streaming site). And the College World Series is one of the best tournaments in sport and deserves more respect in the pantheon of sports coverage (up here, at least).

So, I can't see anyone investing in a college baseball game, despite it being warranted to receive a hell of a lot more coverage and fanfare.

It would be cool if SDS could add a Negro League and a College Franchise option to the game, along side the regular MLB option.

Trying to WATCH college baseball is so hard compared to college football or basketball. I have YouTube TV and I still don’t see hardly any games. You have to get ESPN+ to have a good amount of coverage, but if you want to watch SEC games you need to have SECN+ which you only get by being subscribed to SECN on a cable provider or YouTube TV, and then linking your provider to ESPN+ in order to be able to stream those games. And the SEC is probably the best baseball conference right now so that’s kind of a must if you wanna watch it. So many hoops and things to have to subscribe to just to watch games, and you don’t even get all of them. It’s like they intentionally make the sport so hard to watch (MLB too) but also keep telling us that the sport is dying, and needing to make changes to the game to keep it alive. Change isn’t all bad. But. Maybe make games easier to watch at all levels, and remove blackouts? Just a thought. But I’m no expert.