View Single Post
Old 05-06-2024, 02:37 PM   #208
DarthRambo
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: EA Sports PGA Tour: How is your Career Mode going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
Honestly, I would love if EA and 2K, in their future golf games, steal a lot of what TopSpin 2K25 added to its career mode.

In TopSpin, you earn VC as you play your career and use that VC to hire coaches, support staff, and even homes in each region of the world. There's an energy/stamina system that carries over from each event, and long-distance travel takes away more energy. If you have a home in the region, your energy doesn't drop as much.

Coaches give you attribute boosts, but you must complete objectives for them. Coaches can be upgraded, as well, giving you better bonuses the longer you employ them.

Support staff helps with managing travel, energy, medical, and even merchandising. The staff allows you to recover from injuries faster, lose less stamina when traveling, or earn more VC as you play.

I would LOVE to see an injury/stamina system implemented into golf games. Coaches and support staff are fun to manage as well, and would make sense for golf, too.

Personally, once I got TopSpin, it made me realize that both golf games lack quite a bit in terms of depth in career mode. EA PGA's is better than PGA 2K's, but TopSpin stands head and shoulders above both golf titles when it comes to career mode immersion.
Wow I didn't know top spin career was that much. I am playing it now but only level 6. The level grind is real on that game. Probably a little too much honestly. I did just unlock the homes, but haven't seen anything about staff to hire.

Definitely would be cool to take these ideas from top spin. Tennis and golf are similar in regards it's not a team sport, so a lot of things can transfer over and make sense.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo