Old 05-06-2024, 10:26 AM   #143
illwill10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: EA Sports College Football 25 Full Reveal Coming in May With Teaser Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Yea the coach skill trees should be in since they are in madden. It would be nice to see some not have recruiting have the skill tree for perks on transfers instead. If we lose a key player in the transfer portal I think we all will want to schedule them especially if its a QB or HB.

There is a fun debate to be had about if the 3 and 4* schools it's easier to compete (real life and video game) because of the portal. I lean toward it not being easier however it's easier to land a QB at the smaller schools now. So maybe that one guy is enough to get you 8-9 wins early on.

They need to give every school a points/$ budget when it comes to transfers. The bigger the school or a coach with that skill tree the more points you get. Matt mentioned balancing real life and fun so you should only have to spend those points on the guys that enter the portal. If you have a 90 overall guy at a 3* school he should automatically enter the portal to me and you have to spend a large chunk of your budget to bring him back.

I would like to see a team chemistry option as well which you see in NBA2K and have bringing in 20 new guys on the roster effect that. NCAA 14 you was on the hot seat, but I don't remember a screen showing the whole league.
There definitely needs to be a Team Chemistry or Morale system and development traits. Like if you bring in a higher rated player, it should drop a player's morale.

When it comes to the Transfer Portal, I just think there needs to be clear logic about it, unlike real life. Attach the players Recruiting Pitch preferences to a players profile. So based on the players highest preference, it'll cause them to want to transfer. So, if a players thinks he's not going to start, HC leaves, team isn't competitive enough, better opportunity, then it'll cause them to transfer or not. I do want to see backups on powerhouses transfer to 3-4 star schools in order to get a starting job. Just like, I want to see high rated players on lower schools transfer to a powerhouse if they're guaranteed a starting job.

My main question is how NIL is going to be use. I really don't want it to be like NBA2K where they just flood you with brands. But, I don't know if doing the lazy way by just making it a recruiting pitch is good enough either.