Old 05-02-2024, 04:50 PM   #63
illwill10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Let's Talk Recruiting ( CFB 25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Travis Hunter being such a major name in college football and one of the favorites to be on the cover. I do think that helps the chances of the two-way players in recruiting and the athlete types. At the very least we should be able to add your backup QB into the depth chart at other positions.

I'm not expecting the kind of recruiting promises like you mentioned, but that would obviously be cool. One of the annoying that in 14 was so many of the athletes was WR's and you didn't really know it until things were over.
I agree that Hunter is a good choice. I think he's the better choice for the cover over Shedeur. With Hunter being in the game, I definitely want to see more legit two way athletes in the game.

A good way to make athletes easier to distinguish is to display the positions the guys can play through scouting. I think they could see that being one of the first things unlocked. Before you get grades, first thing revealed is the positions that they play. But, I do agree that most of the athletes were WRs or the same archetype of players. I can remember the 5'11-6'1 88 speed, 85 THP/THA, solid Route Runner ATH. I think at the time, it was harder to differentiate athletes. That was before Madden expanded the Positional ratings. That is something that they will be need to do, which is differentiate the athletes.

Speaking on Madden, I don't want to see Superstar X-Factor and Abilities. I just don't see that system being a fit in the College Football landscape. Plus I think there's too many players to go through the route. It's a big difference between 1696 players on an active NFL roster and over 11,000 players. I rather them go back to the Impact Player format. Even with abilities, I just think there's too many peoples to have to give abilities too out to.