View Single Post
Old 05-02-2024, 03:35 PM   #61
illwill10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Let's Talk Recruiting ( CFB 25)

Being an Eagles fan and them drafting Cooper DeJean, that's the type of recruit I'm looking forward to recruit and get attached to. He was a 3 star QB in a small town who only had 3 scholarship offers. Other than Iowa, the other two offers were FCS schools in the Dakotas. He wanted to be a QB and the FCS were willing to allow that, but he wanted to play at Iowa, and they wanted to make him a safety.

That's the type of recruits I want to see. I would like them to try and incorporate big and small town athletes. It would be nice to see more boom or Bust players from small town athletes.

It would be nice to see Athletes have preferred positions and you have to tell them what position you want them to specialize in. So if there is a QB/DB and he wants to play QB, if you want him to play as a DB, it should lessen the chances of him being interested. Or if a recruit wants to play Two-Way, then if you want to get them you have to promise to give them snaps on both sides. Athletes also could not have a preference.

Would be nice if recruits have preferred schools. Like DeJean, if you're a preferred school, it'll increases the chances of getting them, even if you don't hit on their recruiting pitches. A preferred school school have an advantage even if they don't promise early playing time or preferred position.

I would like see how recruits are ranked IRL in the game. So if you have a recruit who has the prototype size for position, it should increase their ranking. Likewise if they are undersized, it should drop their rankings. The same goes for athletic traits. As I was mentioning big and small towns, I would like to see football division level play a factor. So if there is an Athletic Prototypical sized recruit that plays in a high level HS division, they should be at minimum a high 4 star recruit. Those recruits should be harder to get interest from with lower level schools. It would be awesome to find a 2 or 3 star undersized recruit who turns into a gem
Advertisements - Register to remove