Thread: Fallout 4
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 09:26 AM   #2373
AUChase
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Fallout 4

I still have the PS4 Disk version of this game but I barely remember anything about the game. I did not get too far in before shelving it.

The timing was horrible. I was still living in a barracks in Japan, I had just finished The Witcher 3 which set the bar way too high, etc. I vaguely remembered the Piper character but that was about it.

One of my biggest complaints back then was how many quests they throw at you at once.. especially when you're coming out of cryo sleep after 200 years. It's my only Fallout experience and that's kind of Bethesda's style though so this time I'm just accepting there will always be a lot of stuff to do.

I swapped my L1/L2 and R1/R2 functions as well as moved jump to X and it plays a lot more natural to what my brain likes. Any game where I have to use the triggers to fire a weapon feels inconvenient.

Something I've learned the hard way is you have to treat this game like you're writing an essay on a 1998 Dell Desktop. You have to save early and often. I accidentally broke into Myrna's house because the door lit up green but I guess it was late and I had a weapon out so she starts blasting and I blast back and kill her. I tried to re-load and my last save had me already in her house being shot at so I ran for it trying not to kill her and finally escaped her and then the Raiders in the city to fast travel back to sanctuary.

I slept it off and went back BUT now I know to make sure I save the game alot because when you die the game will take you back a good bit or if you make a mistake like that you can be put in a no way out situation.