View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 02:14 AM   #367
johnstone1987
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: ~~Blood in the Water (Reboot)~~ The Story of the San Jose Sharks...

SHARKS crush BLACKHAWKS 5-1...

RECAP 3/17/20

San Jose, CA- Martin Jones had 41 Saves, Dennis Seidenberg scored Twice and the San Jose Sharks(41-22-9) beat the Chicago Blackhawks(22-42-8) 5-1 inside the SAP Center on St. Patricks Day.

"Rough loss for us." Blackhawks Head Coach Gordon Bombay stated.

Sharks Defenseman Dennis Seidenberg scored his 6th Goal of the year to give the Fins a 1-0 lead. The 38 year old German Defenseman is in his last year of his Contract and spent time with the AHL San Jose Barracudas last year.

In the Second JJ Hart(7) scored to give San Jose a 2-0 lead.

"We took a 2-0 lead there in the Second and it's tough to score on Corey. I thought he played a pretty good game for them in net. One of the best." Sharks Head Coach Peter DeBoer stated.

Chicago(22-42-8) got on the board with Dylan Strome's 16th Goal of the year.

The Blackhawks struggled on the Power Play tonight going 0/3 including not capitalizing on the 5 on 3.

"Those 3 chances we had just doomed us I thought. When we get a chance to go up and score on the Man advantage we have to capitalize. Tonight we didn't do that." Gordon added.

"The way we killed their Power Play was absolutely great for us and I think that's what kept us in the Game before we really got going in the Third." Sharks Head Coach Peter DeBoer added.

In the Third, San Jose(41-22-9) pulled away for good. Justin Callahan(25), Dennis Seidenberg(7), and Evander Kane(32) scored to seal the Win for the Stanley Cup Champions.

Blackhawks Goalie Corey Crawford had 30 Saves but allowed all 5 Goals.

San Jose(41-22-9) will host the Vancouver Canucks(23-45-4) on Friday Night.