View Single Post
Old 04-25-2024, 05:37 PM   #2282
MRapide
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by g98smith
This game is absolutely crap. Sorry, but it just is. Every day it plays completely differently - each time I switch my Xbox on and load up FC, it’s like a lottery as to whether or not the game will feel enjoyable. About a week ago the gameplay felt great; the players had a good weight to them and movement animations had a realistic pace, passing felt nice and everything was pretty smooth. Fast forward to the past couple of days and everything is just horrible - the classic Fifa skating is back and worse than ever, the movement animations of the players are all over the place - weirdly fast and inconsistent, the ball movement on passes looks and feels horrendous, everything is just completely abnormal.

Yes, I’ve tried restarting the game/my console, connecting/disconnecting to the EA servers, checked all settings and sliders are identical and nothing has randomly changed. I’m playing on Legendary V9, default pace. The match I literally just played was one of the worst I can ever remember on an EA game.

I don’t remember this happening on Fifa 23, it’s definitely an issue specific to FC24. I don’t know whether it’s something to do with the sliders - i.e. if playing with everything set to the default 50, it’s at least a consistently bad game. I’m just praying to God that come September something has changed when FC25 is released. Ironically I can deal with the game being bad/buggy, as long as it’s consistently so - this constant flip-flopping between the game feeling great and awful is mind numbing. Hats off to those of you that are still able to play this and actually enjoy it, because you are absolutely in the minority.
This is similar to what I experience unfortunately. I had some of this in 23 as well, but not to the degree I see in 24. As you note - consistent issues are easier to deal with, but the randomness is very frustrating. Part of me thinks that the code has a hard time actually working with slider adjustments and it leads to it basically breaking after a random number of matches - but as not everyone has this issue, it can't be that simple.