View Single Post
Old 04-24-2024, 08:41 PM   #16
KSUowls
All Star

OVR: 8
Re: OOTP 25 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod
I used to exclusively, but with how the game worked, players never amount to anything. However, with the new ratings changes under the hood to allow for a wider range, I may create on again.

As far as the issue you're seeing, what do you have scouting accuracy set to? What about ratings relative to? I was seeing something similar when the game first released, but it turned out I had the ratings set relative to A ball
I usually set accuracy to low, but I tested this on 100%.

I haven't actually played through a full season yet in 25 to test this in other scenarios, but I was messing around with the latest beta patches in a historical league (starting 2023). I simmed to the next available draft and there were over 2000 players at an 80 potential (again low scouting). I flipped this to 100% scouting just to see if my scout was terrible, and the distribution was basically the same. *Note that the standard league with real players seemed to be properly distributed.

I'm guessing that the problem is just the sheer number of players created for the draft pool (80k). I didn't change any other settings to get here (still a 15 round draft). Just a default historical game starting in the year 2023. Also possible that the game just glitched.

Regardless I still think that a feeder system would be interesting in order to get a larger sample size on prospects (though I would miss seeing real high school and colleges next to player names).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OOTP draft pic1.jpg (177.4 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg OOTP draft pic2.jpg (177.6 KB, 44 views)