Old 04-20-2024, 06:53 PM   #4
Figment
Pro

Figment's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: 2024 Cubs Roster Resource

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksDPM
Started my franchise with the Cubs. Had the first start of the season with Jordan Wicks. He doesn't have a Changeup in the game. It's by far his best pitch in real life. By far!!!

Any ideas how it should be rated? Velocity, control, movement???
Well, my crazy is about to show with this response. Here is every beginning and end of season ranking from Sony and the Full Minors team for the last 5 years (MLB the Show 24, 23, 22, 21, and 20).

Edit: I'm dumb, I gave Justin Steele's ratings at first. Here is Jordan Wicks. Looks like in 2021 Full Minors gave him a circle change at 0-Velocity, 59-Control, and 60-Break.

Hope this helps

Also, just hopping on FanGraphs (https://www.fangraphs.com/players/jo...&pitchtype=all) it shows he has an average velocity of 81.3 Mph with horizontal movement of 6.5" and vertical movement of 2.3". You can massage those numbers to a more modern rating. Look around for others who throw changeups and see who has similar movement and match the break to them.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jordan Wicks.jpg (114.8 KB, 66 views)

Last edited by Figment; 04-20-2024 at 07:04 PM. Reason: I'm dumb. I gave Justin Steele's ratings.