View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 06:02 PM   #2104
illwill10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: PlayStation 5

https://insider-gaming.com/ps5-pro-enhanced-details/

" For the PS5 Pro PlayStation wants games to offer a PS5 Pro-exclusive graphics mode that will combine:

PSSR to upscale resolution to 4K
A constant 60FPS
Add or increase ray tracing effects
PlayStation goes on to continue that games may also be given the ‘PS5 Pro Enhanced’ label if they offer any of the following enhancements:

Increased target resolution for titles that run a fixed resolution on the standard console
Increased target maximum resolution for titles that run at variable resolution on the standard console
Increased target frame rate for titles that target a fixed frame rate on the standard console
Inclusion of PS5 Pro Raytracing effects"

I figured that the target was a dynamic upscale to 4k, locked 60FPS with improved RT.

I guess that's cool. My main thing is that it'll would've been better if they would've had a first party game to take full advantage of it, besides Silent Hill 2. Right now, they'll be highlighting sports games, Black Myth Wukong, Star Wars Outlaw. I'm leaning towards passing. But, I would be lying if I'm not out completely. I would want to see a significant enough of an upgrade to warrant it. The only way I would buy the Pro is if I can sell my base PS5 and a couple things to essentially not pay for the Pro