View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 10:58 AM   #5
mpklub
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise guys who like to build history/play seasons quickly - Ideas needed !

I've moved more towards playing every pitch of every game just because I love the game so much. But I get the feeling of wanting to see your players retire, come and go etc.

I like the rotating player lock idea. Let's you get a feel for different players on your team.

I have also quick managed in the past and used quick manage to create my own "critical situations". Using quick manage allows me to see when, for example, the opposing pitcher has maybe struggled the first two innings and given up a couple hits or walks but I haven't scored. Then say in the 3rd or 4th inning I get runners at second and third with no one out and my number 9 hitter is up. I look at that as a situation I'll jump in at because if i can get a base hit with my 9 hitter and the lineup turns over I have a chance at a big inning and could chase the starter.

Similarly, if my pitcher is getting in and out of trouble with quick manage I can jump in and pitch situations where I have 2 on with no one out and try to get out of the jam.

And then of course play games here and there. I find the quick manage approach to be better than either critical situations or the new feature in 24 and game entry. Quick manage let's me do the same thing. I will say I don't have 24 so maybe I'm missing something with how that feature works, but it didn't seem like it offered me more than how I use Quick Manage.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove