View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 04:15 AM   #30
Gotmadskillzson
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Dragon's Dogma 2

Yeah after messing around with different vocations, I agree a good mage is essential. I also back to being an archer again. For some reason I have yet to come across a pawn that was as good and as effective as being an archer I am. I be taking those siren birds out with the quickness, for some reason my archer pawns that I hired seem to struggle with them.

My group currently:

Me - archer
Main Pawn - Fighter. Oh man she is such a bad *** too.
Mage - This time I have one that is semi aggressive. Before my mages were passive. This one don't mind getting down and dirty if need be.
Warrior - Another female tank that is ultra aggressive.

I normally spot enemies before my pawns do and be sniping them from far off. Then I tell my pawns to attack. My fighter and warrior take off with my mage go half way. But if she feels my fighter and warrior are out numbered she will jump in too. Think I have a pretty solid group right now that is well balanced. Me and my main pawn are decked out with good weapons and very good armor which is key imo since your main pawn can't save you if they die too.

Given a choice, I would invest in good armor first. You want to be able to take strong blows. Than afterwards invest in good weapons for you can deal out massive blows. I personally don't see the need to invest in the other 2 pawns since you can always swap them out, unless you find that golden pawn that you really like and want to keep forever.

This is definitely my unexpected hit game of 2024.