Old 03-29-2024, 12:17 AM   #19331
Ghost Of The Year
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Live 013
Used to feel that way, by now I have just accepted it.

Regarding the salary, what about the new mode of teams handing out contracts to players with little to no major league experience? For example, Jackson Chourio has 0 MLB plate appearances and was given an 8 year, 82M contract, he wouldn't be eligible under your criteria.
It'll be really interesting to watch Chourio's season (and next couple seasons) play out and will more minor leaguers get more big money like Chourio. Probably the criteria should take into account a mix of things where guy who have only ''true'' minor league experience (like Chourio) and players like Yamamoto who comes out of a league that is the major league of their country. What would be great if there were some kind of series that pits the best team the American minor league produces versus the Japanese League champions. Or an all-star minor league series versus a Japanese all-star team. I have to believe the vast majority of the time the Japanese league team will win. I just would like some kind of acknowledgement from the RoY voters that in no way is the Japanese League so much inferior to MLB that it is closer to being a major league than a minor league. There has been a well-deserved push to accept the Negro Leagues of the 1920's-1950's as a major league, I think its also time to recocgnize the talent of Japanese League baseball as well, as at the very least being superior to Triple A, Double A American baseball.
#44Syracuse
Advertisements - Register to remove