View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 06:07 PM   #1309
moose141
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: #H2P... PITT IS IT! - A Pitt Panthers Dynasty (NCAA 14)

Around the NCAA: Week 15
Report by Matt Schmidlin | December 4, 2022

Reece Routs UCF; Have Bearcats Done Enough?

#10 Cincinnati's season seemed over following a loss to Tulane, 38-35. However, the Bearcats finished things on a high note, shellacking UCF away from home, 45-23, to wrap up the American Conference title. Star QB Acey Reese led the way for Cincinnati, passing for 248 yards and a trio of touchdowns while adding 64 yards and a pair of scores on the ground. With an 11-1 record and largely all blowouts on their resume, can the Bearcats hope conference chaos falls their way to sneak back into the playoff picture?

Sun Belt Showdown

#12 Lousiana's drubbing of South Alabama, 47-27, clinched the Sun Belt crown for the Rajun' Cajuns, and potentially a bid into the NY6 depending on the results on conference championship week.

Don't Forget About Me

While the Pitt Panthers had the week to rest up after finishing their regular season in Miami, QB CJ Kirk was collecting accolades for the second straight week, as he was awarded ACC Offensive Player of the Week following Week 14, his second consecutive week receiving the honor. Kirk finished with a career high 455 yards passing and 481 yards of total offense, while racking up 7 total touchdowns in Pitt's dramatic win over the Hurricanes. This was Kirk's third time winning the award this season and fourth time in his college career.

Up Next: Conference Championship Week Preview

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey