Old 03-28-2024, 10:49 AM   #1221
illwill10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Xbox Series (X/S)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
Oof. I really don't like that. Makes it look cheap, lol.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
It's essentially a white all-digital Series X with a improved heatsink. I would get it more if it was a Series X slim. I can see them still doing a mid-gen refresh next year like how Sony is doing. I know they're focus is still on Gamepass, but I rather see a mid gen refresh than them just doing a variance of what they already have half way into the generation. If it's only going to be about $50 less, I would still opt for base Series X because of disc drive.

The main reason I want to see them do a mid gen refresh like Sony is that it'll force 3rd party developers to develop for those consoles. Going into this generation, I didn't want to see a mid gen refresh. We're just now starting to see less cross gen games and still haven't seen the full power of these base consoles, outside of a few games. Like, I don't get Sony possibly releasing the PS5 Pro this year. They don't have a first party game to pair with it. So, the major game they're hoping to showcase it is GTA 6(if that doesn't get delayed) and highlighting previously released games. So the PS5 Pro being optimized to its full potential it's based on developer's discretion. Right now, the main benefit seems to be having an another visual option. If there's a Series X Pro, it'll force the 3rd party devs to really take advantage of the newer consoles
Advertisements - Register to remove