Old 03-28-2024, 12:05 AM   #468
jasontoddwhitt
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: 2023-24 College Hoops Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak
Lampkin and Hadley leaving Colorado and entering transfer portal. https://www.cbsnews.com/colorado/new...ansfer-portal/

I'm ignorant, so bear w/ me.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the reasons for transferring these days. It used to just be coaching change or wanting more mins or some family/personal relocation reason. But in these Buffs' case...coach is staying, you're already a starter on a good power conference team, and this doesn't seem to be some family/personal issue. Is it just NIL elsewhere? Search for more glory at a bigger program?

I don't mind the transfer portal (although I wish there were more restrictions...I thought they changed the rule to just 1 transfer allowed while an undergrad?), but I'm still trying to wrap my head around the NEW reasons why players transfer so much. I have to think it's NIL, since a lot don't even go to significantly bigger programs a lot of times.
It's NIL. These guys are essentially signing one-year contracts. I'm all for guys getting their money, but I wish there were more rules surrounding how many times they can transfer. Once as an undergrad, unless it's a hardship (coach leaves, homesickness/illness to be closer to home), and then once if you're a post-graduate.