Old 03-27-2024, 11:47 PM   #4665
Speedy
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: What's good to watch on Netflix And Other Streaming Platforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
I watched the doc. It’s on Max. And I would disagree about him ruining their lives. Have you watched the doc?
Seems like a lot of whining by most of the actors. Was he creepy? Yep. Did he ruin their lives? I don’t think so.
The part about Drake Bell is awful. You can just see the pain he went thru in his eyes. He was sexually abused alot by someone else that worked for Nick. And he said Dan Schneider was his friend and the only one at Nick that cared about him and what happened to him.
I'm a 90s kid and LOVED All That and some of the late 90s content so I watched this in full.

I don't think the doc is entirely objective in some parts? The journalists do a lot of monolgues in it. The Drake Bell thing was sad, especially the dad...but I'm not sure of the negative impact with Schneider? It was clear he became toxic and super imposed inappropriate jokes on children, 100%.

The girl from Zoey 101 being interviewed has some flak on reddit for being a doxxer, plus she and the main character had documented beef history...so I don't find her to be fully credible. I'm not sure how take McCurdy, and Ariana is quite the drama diva anyways so its hard for me to believe McCurdy IMO... but the toxicity on set is veritable.

A lot of the various actors' frustration and trama was about being around pedos which is rough....but also with being overlooked? I don't feel it's fully to blame on Schneider as the showrunner, even if the requested stuff was weird? Again, toxicity yes but I'm not sure on an abuser...based on this doc.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Advertisements - Register to remove