Old 03-27-2024, 07:11 PM   #5451
CM Hooe
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Dallas Cowboys War Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
Let’s be honest - they’re only dragging their feet on one guy’s contract. Lamb is apparently among a crop of WRs at that tier who haven’t signed yet and Micah’s deal falls behind that one in terms of timing.

So where are we now with Dak? When I criticized him and his playoff performances in the past, you dismissed it as some punk fan whining on an Internet forum. Maybe it’s not just some minority of fans’ opinion.

You’re on record saying he’d be paid before Sept 2024 - of which you still have six months. Will you at least acknowledge that there is reason to be fed up? That it’s quite possible he suffers from playoff yips given how he starts these games?

Yes, dangling a franchise QB is risky. Yes, it’s the safe play to pay the QB and continue HOPING he shows up in postseason. But you can’t present that as if there’s zero risk to it. If we can’t get out of the **first round with NFC championship level rosters (at least), what are we doing?

**yes, he went on the road and beat up Tampa Bay

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Sure, I get that Cowboys fans are fed up at the lack of postseason success. I am also annoyed.

At the same time, I personally do not believe that removing from the roster one of the best active players at the most important position in professional sports improves the team’s chances of achieving postseason success. I also don’t believe that letting said player’s contract and cap hold hang over the roster, impeding the front office’s ability to acquire and retain talented help for said player, improves the team’s chances of postseason success.

I guess we’ll see if Dak Prescott gets re-signed. To me the decision is still as obvious as it was last summer, if not even more so after his stellar 2023, not to mention the salary cap implications which have had the Jones family sitting on their hands this spring. If it doesn’t happen, though, then I suppose my mistake was believing that the front office of the named-many-times-over most valuable franchise in professional sports was actually interested in acquiring and retaining the top talent required to win championships.
Advertisements - Register to remove