View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 11:54 AM   #1836
doorknobb
Rookie

doorknobb's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How to Become a Supporter of Operation Sports

Hey Steve, really appreciate the site and the forums existing. Definitely not too many places that have a dedicated and focused user base that feels like the forum culture of pre-2007. It's great to see that such a place still exists after I took a 15 year hiatus from most games due to school/recession/working.

I'd like to send in a contribution but I can't make any payments through Paypal that requires a Paypal account. This also applies to Venmo. It's from a legal settlement reached with their legal department from years ago for their tortious actions in violating their own terms. I can pay invoices sent to me that are processed through their platform, but that's a hassle I'm guessing, since it was a hassle before (I seriously don't know what their site even looks like now). I can do most other platforms: Google or Apple Pay (not Samsung, I think, unless it works on their projector platform), crypto of any kind, prepaid debit, gift cards, straight up credit/debit if you have a processor but probably not worth it. I know I can send you a check, but my absentmindedness (ADHD sucks and coping mechanisms are imperfect) means that it's at my mom's house and she's out of the country for 3 months. I can even send a wire transfer but that seems like overkill.

So yeah, if there's a non-Paypal and non-check alternative that you'd accept it'd be awesome and I'd be happy to throw in some extra for the trouble. Thanks!