View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 11:20 PM   #19
Gotmadskillzson
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Dragon's Dogma 2

Finally bought this. Yeah the FPS drop is real. However if you turn on DLSS you have nothing to worry about. With it turned off, I was dropping down to the upper 40s range. With it turned on I will drop down to the 80s and 90s. Game is just not optimized. Besides that though, the game remind me of Dragon Age Inquisition with the party system and party banter.

However where this game differs is your party members have a brain and do things on their own. So that is very cool to see. I also like the ability to hire and dismiss members whenever. Graphically the game look good, not jaw dropping good like Horizon Forbidden West but good. Even with everything maxed out in 4K it only used around 9GB of VRAM. Much like Dragon Age, it is much to explore. Map appears to be pretty big, plenty of side quests. I chose to play as an archer. I have a mage, warrior and thief in my group. I do love the fact the pawns have different personalities which govern how they behave. Pretty damn cool actually, makes me wish we got some party members like this in FPS and action games.

Combat is pretty simple, simple controls, you really only have to control yourself, your pawns fight on their own as they see fit. You do however get to upgrade their skills and weapons.