Old 03-25-2024, 07:56 PM   #19307
Ghost Of The Year
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
Living in the NW, I've heard the argument for Portland many times. Makes alot of sense logistically, but I don't think its a strong enough market in relation to other options.

Its comical the A's can't make Oakland work for them. Its the 5th largest market in the country, and arguably the richest. Lots of money in Vegas, but 20, 30 years from now, hard to argue they'd be better off. Say what you will about the stadium situation.

I definitely don't see 20 viable US cities for expansion or relocation. MLB might be able to make the NBA model work for them, trying to strangle small markets (Salt Lake, Sac'to, OKC..) but with no revenue sharing, market size is king.
Tho it will never happen, NYC could easily support a third team. But it's an ugly choice. The Yankees and Mets won't approve. Oakland's problem is the same as the A's;
the A's need a new owner, and Oakland needs better elected officials. The combination of Fisher and Oakland leaders is proving lethal to the A's.
#44Syracuse
One's convicted, the other's a born liar. Billy Martin could have been talking about Donald and Joe.
Vote: None of the Above